“Not for Me”

Jigsy's Pizza
Ranked #4 of 40 Restaurants in Enola
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Brew Pub, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Vicenza, Italy
“Not for Me”
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

I'm new to this area and don't know "Old Forge", so I was expecting real pizza with real pizza crust and Italian style flavor. That's not what we got. The crust was "biscuity" and quite thick for the paltry toppings. Our chicken wings were decent, however I ordered mild and even my spicy loving husband thought they were quite hot. Maybe we got the wrong heat level.

I can't think of any reason to try Jigsy's again, so we won't.

Visited May 2013

Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“A bit of Old Forge in the Capital Region”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Having loved my first encounter with Old Forge-style pizza, I rejoiced when I heard that an establishment in the Harrisburg area was making that style of pizza. So I trundled across the river to find Jigsy's. I timed my visit for after the lunch crowd, about 2pm. I started off with one of the soups of the day: Italian Wedding. Very good. Then the entree: Old Forge-style double crust white pizza, 3 cuts. Very tasty, though I could have handled more garlic and less salt. There are many varieties of Old Forge pizza apparently. The TV above the fireplace was silently showing a soap opera (a bit of a non sequitur). I'd definitely go there again, though I'd hope to go with friends.

• Visited March 2013
St James, North Carolina
“Like being home !”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We truely miss our Friday nite visits to our home away from home at Jigsy's in Enola ! The pizza reminds us o home in NE Pa. and the service is like being at home. We need a Jigsy's in North Carolina.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank IslandDavechilling
“Great personnel is only topped by the delicious old forge style pizza!!”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I travel through Enola, Pa. seasonally on my way from my home in Maryland to our cabin in north central Pa. every summer, and the highlight of family waiting for us there is my bringing several boxes of Jigsy Old Forge Pizza. They are delicious and can be "half-baked" and can be frozen for cooking later. One time, I called ahead and was lucky that the owner answered the phone. Jigsy's was closed, but Robin made the extra effort to come to the restaurant and fulfill my order. I call that Customer service out of this world. They also have a luncheon buffet that we have enjoyed. It gave us the opportunity to try so many of the variations. Yummy!!

“You will definitely come back!”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

This is by far the best pizza and Italian food around! We love it! Fantastic menu where you will find a variety of everything, from unique salads, homemade soups, paninis and wings, to the best homemade pasta around! You must finish it off with her own peanut butter pie or cannolli.... They are sinfully delicious !

Been to Jigsy's Pizza? Share your experiences!