“Ok food but everything else not OK at all....”

Italiano Delite Restorante
Ranked #39 of 56 Restaurants in Emmaus
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We had heard good reviews about the food for this restaurant so we decided to try it for a birthday group. We called ahead, we told them we would have a large group, requested separate checks and asked them if it would be a concern since we had some people with us who could not sit for long periods of time. They said no. When we arrived there was no note of us coming, we waited over an hour for drinks.. 20 min for a check,, and 3.5 hrs later we left with no dessert for fear of being there an hour longer.. So yes the food was good but not worth the wait IMO, Maybe you won't mind the wait.. The disturbing issue was when we talked to the owner we were just give excuses.... and passed the blame on us saying we were a big group... So lesson learned no more large groups (we were 13) no more little groups for us either.. last warning is that when we tried to pay up front since it was taking so long we were told when paying with cash they could not give us change since only the waitresses had cash on them.. Ummm that was enough for us. It was time to get out and not come back.

There are newer reviews for Italiano Delite Restorante

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Italiano Delite has a great combination of sit down and to go service. Since it is family owned you can see the effort they put in the food and to provide great service. Their pizzas are very good.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

I've been to this location in the past (when it had another name) as well as recently for a total of 4 times... I do like the atmosphere (it's bright, open and comfy) so I've returned, in spite of the slightly above average food and so-so service (which mostly has to do with the kitchen). I find the lunch buffet laden with cheese/bread/pasta offerings (I'm Italian and I can vouch that we Italians DO eat food other than starches) so I now order off the menu, instead. My recent salad was very nice, but my niece's Alfredo was nothing more than noodles soaked in cheese. Never saw such a mess. We had to ask for bread (which should be an Italian restaurant staple) but they only served rolls topped with way too much garlic. Seriously, they need an Italian chef on board that teetering ship. Don't take a business client there; maybe just some friends looking for a casual lunch or relatives who will still like you, afterward.

Reviewed February 17, 2012

We have lived in this area for 10+ years, and have been to the other location a number of times (primarily for lunch), and generally enjoyed it. This was a completely differnet experience.

We visited this restaurant at about 7:30 on a Friday evening. The restaurant was pretty empty (I estimate less than 10 tables occupied.) The first issue was that we had a Groupon - we didn't bring a printed copy, but I was able to display the Groupon on my phone. The restaurant would not accept that, forcing one of us to drive back home and get a printed copy.

Next, the drink service was very slow - we were seated a short distance from the bar and could see that the bartender was not busy, but it still took 5-10 minutes to get a draft beer poured. The waitperson at our table was friendly, but not exceptionally attentive (especially given the low number of people in the restaurant).

When food was delivered, it was good to very good but- when we asked if there was bread available we were told that they were out of bread except for garlic knots. When my wife asked for a spoon, she was informed that "all of the spoons were dirty". Pardon me, but WTF??

Again, the food was good, but service was very poor. To top it off, the restaurant also added a 15% gratuity for a party of 3. I understand that waitpeople must be tipped fairly even when using a coupon such as a Groupon (and with GOOD service I would have tipped more), but I disagree with this mandatory gratuity.

1  Thank Patrick B
Reviewed December 10, 2011

We arrived at the Emmaus location about 6:45 pm on Friday evening. We got seated right away but waited for some time till a waitress approached us. We immediately ordered drinks and cheesy garlic bread for an appetizeer.Unless something has changed, we thought appetizers were to be served before salads and dinner. The salads arrived but no garlic bread. We questioned the waitress and she said it would be right out. Still waiting minutes later the bread finally came out uncooked....how can you screw up garlic bread...they had minutes to prepare it!!!! Dinner came out within minutes. The waitress was handling a big party plus other tables so we felt it was not her fault but we were completely disappointed in the service all around. There are so many other choices where we can spend our money and dine ....there is no need to go back. We suggested to waitress to tell the manager we wanted to see him but he was pissed off and did not come out but was nasty to her. If you can't handle the pressue of owning a restaurant then close your doors!!!!!!!