“Fabulous Gem of an Amusement park”
Review of Alamo Restaurant

Alamo Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 26 Restaurants in Elysburg
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

I can't believe there is only 1 review of Knoebels - a gem of an Amusement park! My son & I are members of a coaster enthusiasts club, and had heard for many years how wonderful Knoebels was. Despite living only 4 hours away (outside of Pittsburgh), we had never heard of the park.
We finally were able to attend an opening day event last year, and we immediately fell I love! nestled in the woods, Knoebels has rides, food, & fun for absolutely everyone. Free admission & parking; either pay by the ride or ride-all-day-bracelet, you can't lose at this park. My favorite part is that you can bring your dog, and the dog can ride the train if we'll behaved! I enjoy interacting with the pooches as much as riding (& eating)! We were just at the park for opening weekend 2014, & found more to love. The Alamo - an indoor restaurant with great food & service, the Totem Pole - a food stand that serves fried cheese on a stick, fried pickles, fresh fried chips with various seasonings - foods that are an indulgence, and well worth it! They also have a stand that serves frozen iced tea & lemonade with a choice to add flavors (peach, strawberry, rasberry) that provide a refreshing treat on a hot day.
Honestly - if you can't find rides/food that "tickle your fancy", you just might need to check for a pulse.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

No visit to Knoebels is complete without a meal at the Alamo. I was recently there for a weekend -- two days and two lunches at the Alamo! This large, full service family restaurant is a welcome oasis within the amusement park (free admission to the park, and free parking, so don't hesitate to go just to eat!). At the two meals, I had my two favorite items from the giant and affordable menu. At one meal I had the beef on weck (on a real and salted pretzel bun -- not an authentic Kimmelweck bun, but still good!). Add Swiss cheese and honey mustard and it's ready to be devoured. With a side of their delicious coleslaw and a drink the damage was only $10. At the other meal, I had the chicken and waffles -- delicious moist chicken off the bone, served with a quartered waffle and gravy -- combine them all together and it's heaven. I opted for the "dinner" which included chicken rice soup, a salad, mashed potatoes and coleslaw (lots of other options for sides). With the drink the bill was only $15. The atmosphere is very casual. The servers are very friendly and helpful -- and there's plenty of staff there to keep tables clean and turn them around quick when things get busy. Don't miss this place!

Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

We were invited to join a friend at this gem tucked away in Knoebels. Very friendly waitress (I'm horrible with names), who was very helpful with suggestions. Fried chicken dinner was absolutely juicy & with crisp coating. My friend had chicken & waffles - looked yummy- and others had sandwiches. All were happy with food & walked away satisfied.
Will definately return in the future.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I have been coming here all of my life. The rides are top notch. I recommend any of the coasters or the dark rides. Knoebels has some of the best food in a park. We frequently visit and do nothing but eat. My favorites are cheese on a stick, potato cakes and chicken fries. Perfectly peaceful location. I love to sit near the carousel by the stream and enjoy a nice ice cream cone. The only negative is their restrooms. They are mostly old and could use a bit of refurbishment. To avoid this, just go to one of the newer locations (I like the one behind Cesari's pizza).

1  Thank Kevin A
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Thought we'd try the Alamo vs a food stand. It was nice to take a break from the comotion in the park. I'm sure it's a nice cool repreve on a hot day. Tables and restrooms were clean. Looks very homey and the decor was kind of dated but that adds to the charm at Knoebels. It took a little while for the food to come out but they had crayons and activities on the placemats to keep the kids busy. The food was hot and seemed freshly made. There are a lot of selections for the children which is nice. The variety flavor and prices reminded me of diner food back home. It was $26 for a family of 4 for 2 kids meals and sandwiches no drinks.

1  Thank shellye407

Been to Alamo Restaurant? Share your experiences!