“Still the best and cheapest family attraction around!”

Knoebels Amusement Resort
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Elysburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Knoebels is a place the whole family can enjoy! It is America's largest free-admission amusement park and also offers free parking, free daily entertainment and free picnic facilities. While at the park, you can take a dip in our 900,000 gallon Crystal Pool filled with refreshing mountain stream water. The pool area includes watersides, diving boards and a play area just for young children. You can stay overnight at one of two campgrounds that include cabins and over 800 campsites for tents and campers. In addition to over 60 rides, award winning food, swimming, games, and gift shops, visitors can add a round of golf at Knoebels Three Ponds Golf Club right next door to the park.
Saylorsburg PA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Still the best and cheapest family attraction around!”
Reviewed October 8, 2009

I'm 61 and have been going to Knoebel's since I was a young child. Where else can you park for free, get in for free and enjoy a free concert at the bandshell? There are enough thrill rides, kiddie rides and various food venues to satisfy everyone. You can pay for each ride individually, purchase a book of tickets or pay one price for unlimited rides. There are privately owned cottages for rent and a campground on the premises. You can spend part of the day at the pool for a nominal charge. We have held our family reunion in Knoebel's in the same picnic pavilion for 29 years, and there is no charge for that either. Knoebel's is also host to the annual "Covered Bridge Festival" and craft fair in Oct. and it is a beautiful place to be in the fall. I highly recommend!!!

3 Thank toninutt

• Turkish first
Fort Lee, NJ
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Inexpensive Fun for Toddlers and Adults!”
Reviewed October 8, 2009

We drove 3 hours from NJ to Knoebels and it was worth the trip! There is no entrance fee, nor is there a fee to park in its gigantic parking lot. Visitors can bring their own food and drinks, but not to worry, since in-park food purchases are inexpensive. We noticed many visitors had pet dogs with them (which you don't find at a Six Flags), and are happy to report no poop problem at all. The amusement park has a fair amount of rides that are appropriate for our 3-year-old daughter, not to mention a great number of rides for the older crowd including some water rides. The pay-per option is great, with rides ranging from about $.75 to $1.50, and we purchased about $30 worth of ticket stubs, which was sufficient. Overall, a great attraction for all ages that won't kill your wallet!

3 Thank Baaadhare
Allentown, PA
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“Refreshing Amusement Park”
Reviewed October 7, 2009

This is the only amusement park that I have visited that leaves me feeling refreshed at the end of the day. At other amusement parks, our entire family feels exhausted at the end of the day. The difference is that admission is free, and parking is free too. So, you do not have to run yourself around rushing to try to get your money's worth out of any high admission price. I don't even go on rides. I just assist my small children to get on the rides. So, it is a waste at other parks for me to pay for admission. At Knoebels, the free admission makes all of the difference.
Some rides are different and are historic (like the carousel that gives out brass rings as you ride on the horse). These are rides that you would not find just anywhere. The wooden roller coasters are one-of-a-kind. So, if you are looking for a cookie-cutter amusement park that have all of the standard rides like at the franchise amusement parks, you will have a different experience here. These rides are charming.
The campground is great. If you don't have a camper, I recommend the cabins which are around $110 per night and sleep up to 6. They have electric. You can eat at the park which is a short walk, or buy goods at the camp store to cook over the fire ring.
Knoebels is our favorite amusement park. We live very close to Dorney Park in Allentown PA, but no longer go to Dorney Park. We prefer to drive two hours to go to Knoebels. The food is great at the Alamo restaurant with home cooked turkey and mashed potato dinners and open faced roast beef sandwiches. The other food in the park is real food. For example, the funnel cakes are hand poured and fried for each order. In contrast, the funnel cakes at Dorney Park are made, frozen, and then put in a toaster to warm they up when they are ordered. At knoebels, the frozen iced teas with honey are incredible. Each summer, I look forward to having one. The potato cakes are hand made, and each trip to Knoebels involves one order of potato cakes for our family.
I would highly recommend Knoebels to anyone. The tall trees protect you from the hottest of summer days. You can bring a picnic and use the picnic tables. There is no gate, so no one at the gate who tells you that you can not bring food or coolers into the park. It also has free entertainment and shows, which again require no admission price. Try a trip even if you don't like going on the rides!

3 Thank esther046
Bucks County,PA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Run down, but great for kids”
Reviewed August 28, 2009

After hearing so many great things about Knoebels, and some of my family visiting beofre, this is the year for all 6 of us to make the trip. The nice thing is there is no admission, and you pay with tickets which are sold in denominations of $1, .50, .25 and .10 (why, I have no idea) Most rides are $1 or $1.25, some of the more thrilling rides are $2.25 The rides are more like carnival rides, and the attendants seem like they would rather be any place else- no smiling faces to be found. Some even yelling at kids that time was up in a nasty way. I had heard the food was fabulous, and I found it only average at best- the prices were good, but not very interesting. The magic show was very good, and the magician was pleasant and made an effort to speak to our kids before the show. It just seemed to me that this place had seen better days.

4 Thank catsanova
Pittsburgh PA
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Best Amusement Park, EVER”
Reviewed August 20, 2009

I grew up 20 minutes away from Knoebels so grew up going several times a summer, I know live out of the area but make it a point to get home and get there at least once a year.
Free parking, free admission, you can take in a picnic lunch, you can take your dog in with you. We ride a few rides but mainly go to eat and just wander around.
Since there are so many trees, the park is shaded and stays relatively cool even on blisteringly hot days.
It's amazing to see how much it's changed in the 30 years I've been alive and as far as I'm concerned, Knoebels just keeps getting better. I've gone to other "local" type parks and have not found another even comparable.

4 Thank camoang