“KNOEBEL'S a MUST EXPERIENCE”

Knoebels Amusement Resort
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Elysburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Knoebels is a place the whole family can enjoy! It is America's largest free-admission amusement park and also offers free parking, free daily entertainment and free picnic facilities. While at the park, you can take a dip in our 900,000 gallon Crystal Pool filled with refreshing mountain stream water. The pool area includes watersides, diving boards and a play area just for young children. You can stay overnight at one of two campgrounds that include cabins and over 800 campsites for tents and campers. In addition to over 60 rides, award winning food, swimming, games, and gift shops, visitors can add a round of golf at Knoebels Three Ponds Golf Club right next door to the park.
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This place has 60 rides, plus shops, numerous restaurants & treat stands and a small water park. You have to experience it first hand. The most expensive ride I believe was $2.50. Or as we did-bought an all day bracelet good for all except 2-3 rides and the water park. We were there for over 8 fun hours. It is for people of ALL AGES! You MUST go at least once. Food is not expensive either and good.

Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

I love this park for the fact there is no admission fee! Not everyone in our family enjoys rides so for us to go to an amusement park where there is an admission fee seems like a waste. Knoebels has a wonderful hometown feel with great rides and food.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We went to Knoebel's with my 4 year old granddaughter this past Sunday. I was looking forward to it after reading the reviews here and I wasn't disappointed. It's a pretty interesting place. Free parking, no admission, dogs welcome and you can bring your own food. There are many pavillions for people who want to bring coolers. Lots of people had grills but I don't know if they brought them or if Knoebel's supplied them.

This place is no frills so if you're expecting Six Flags splash and glitz this is not for you. It's a completely family friendly place, no alcohol allowed and you only pay for the rides that you actually use. I bought a book of 20 tickets and we were given $13.00 in tickets from a friend. We were there for about 5 hours,our granddaughter went on 7 rides along with 1 or more adults on each and at the end of the day I had a .25 ticket left which we gave to a little girl on our way out.

So, for $33 in tickets and $17 for dinner we all had a great time.

One tip about the Skloosh flume ride - you will get wetter than you have ever been riding a flume ride! Bring in a change of clothing and a towel and wear flip flops on the ride.

This place is at least 2 hours from us so when we go back we are considering staying over night in a nearby hotel (or in one of the Knoebel's cabins) so that we don't have to do the ride back home after a full day there.

We did not get into the pool so I can't review that.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Had never heard of Koebel's until friends told us about it. Since it was within driving distance, reasonably priced, and recommended,we decided to check it out. My daughter and her girlfriend loved it! I especially loved the variety of ways you can pay to enjoy the rides. The fact that we didn't have to pay to park or to step foot in the place was a welcome relief to my wallet! Everyone here is very friendly and I appreciated their concern for the safety of their patrons and their efforts to make this a positive experience by having a dress code and restricting smoking to specific areas in the park. The food was very good, and again, the prices can't be beat. We thoroughly enjoyed our two days here, and look forward to returning in the near future.

1  Thank gmcacioppo
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I liked the fact that I could go in and enjoy the children riding rides which you can purchase separate tickes or an all day pass. We found to buy the packet of tickets were cheaper than the wrist bands. For six adults and one child for food and rides $150.00. This is so cheap compared to Hershey Park or Kings Island. Very nice and clean. It was shady and just a delight to be there for the day.