“Great family outing”

Knoebels Amusement Resort
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Elysburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Knoebels is a place the whole family can enjoy! It is America's largest free-admission amusement park and also offers free parking, free daily entertainment and free picnic facilities. While at the park, you can take a dip in our 900,000 gallon Crystal Pool filled with refreshing mountain stream water. The pool area includes watersides, diving boards and a play area just for young children. You can stay overnight at one of two campgrounds that include cabins and over 800 campsites for tents and campers. In addition to over 60 rides, award winning food, swimming, games, and gift shops, visitors can add a round of golf at Knoebels Three Ponds Golf Course right next door to the park.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This was our third year going with my kids (7&9) and others in our extended family (adults, along with kids ranging from 6-16). There is something for everyone. Mild rides to crazy ones! The ride-all-day wristband is a great deal. Food, souvenirs, games are reasonably priced. Parking is free. We love this place!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,144)
All reviews
in 55 reviews
"family atmosphere"
in 21 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I visited Knoebel's about a week ago when I took my Father to his companies picnic. Although my Dad walks with a walker, all the walking would have been difficult for him so we rented a scooter. It was definitely well worth the price. Although, it didn't start out too well because of using my Father's credit card and needed him to sign for it, it all worked out perfectly in the end. Dee, in security, took me to get my Dad at the car and bring him back the rental. My Dad loves to talk with people and she was very friendly. There was also a gentleman at the rental office, that was also very accommodating. We also used security to take us back to the car after returning the scooter. Again, that gentleman was very, very nice and conversed and joked with my Dad. We all had a very pleasant experience and will definitely return again!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

It is great. FREE to park, FREE to get in, buy books of tickets and then give the amount of tickets for each ride (ex: .25, .50, $1.00, $1.25, $1.50, $1.75 , $2.00 or $2.50) and I think $2.50 is the highest. Great place for families.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Great family oriented park. Lots of shade, reasonably priced food, no entrance fee, clean. Only pay if you ride. Water-park ok but didn't seem as clean as I would have liked.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 20, 2013

This was our third time visiting Knoebels and I still love the place. After taking my niece and nephew to Disney and Universal Parks in Orlando, this was a refreshing, wonderful change. I didn't have to pay an exorbitant fee to merely enter the park - admission is free, as is parking!!
I don't ride rides at amusement parks so it has always irked me that I have to pay admission to just walk around keeping an eye on the kids. As to the park itself, it's great. There are tons of rides for kids of all ages and adults too. I never purchase the all day riding passes because they don't include the coasters, and my family loves the coasters. We go on a weekday (Tuesday) and never have to wait for any ride more than 10 minutes. The one exception being the bumper boats. We had to wait about 30 minutes for that. This year I had 2 teens and 2 preteens with me, and spent a total of $105 on tickets. The 4 of them rode all day on that amount. We stayed about 5 hours, rode every ride they wanted to ride, had a very reasonably priced lunch, beverages, and snacks. The people at the park were friendly, the bathrooms were clean, and they even gave us free cups of ice water from the concession stand. For the day I spent about $175. At Disney I spent more than that for two kids( both under 10) and myself just to get in. As long as the kids want to go I will continue to visit Knoebels, they are a class act. By the way, did I mention that their tickets NEVER expire. You can use any leftover tickets year after year, as long as they remain open. I love this place!

1  Thank rosemary5250