“Tudor Setting Quality Updated Food”

Shakespeare's Restaurant and Pub
Ranked #2 of 30 Restaurants in Ellwood City
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I've come here many times, not just because I live next door, but because the food, service and atmosphere are excellent. Tudor castle setting, fabulous interior, love the antiques, beautiful outdoor setting. I've eaten both indoors and out on the patio, the service has always been great, the manager, Dale, is friendly, attentive and if you have an issue with anything, both staff and management will go out of their to assist and remedy the issue. I've had their steaks, and highly recommend them, along with the peanut soup. My husband loves their Chicken Parmagiana. Giant servings with honestly reasonable pricing for what you get. No small servings here! I do recommend their Breakfast buffet as being excellent and well worth the price. I've also held my family reunion and birthday dinners here, with over 30 people, from elderly to fussy toddlers. The staff have always been outstanding. Since we live next door, we are witness to the great fireworks display the restaurant puts off for weddings.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

This restaurant located inside a Castle with decor to match is known for its cuts of meat and I have always had my meal prepared as requested and new had a complaint. We frequently spend New Year's Eve here and are treated to entertainment as well.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Excellent meal. Atmosphere is pretty cool. Our server, Bobbi Jo, was so helpful in our selections. Must try to the homemade pies for dessert!!! No complaints.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Shakespeare's is a castle and the décor fit the theme, including the wait staff being dressed as peasants. There is a bar that had a band that while they played good music, pretty much mutilated every song. Went here with a party of 7. Made reservations for 6:30, arrived early and got seated promptly. Several of us ordered the French onion soup. It was flavored well but only one of us actually got any onions in our bowl. One of ordered pumpkin bisque, it tasted okay but reminded me of a pumpkin pie that wasn't completely baked. Two ordered the prime rib, both were flavorless and one was so tough it almost had to be sawed through. Two ordered the basil chicken which was good enough once the skin was removed. I got Cajun chicken tortellini. The chicken was tender enough but not overly Cajun flavored. The tortellini was basically a greasy salty thick soup, Apparently they thought the huge, overcooked banana pepper draped over the pasta was supposed supply some heat but it did nothing but detract from the dish. One ordered a burger and fries and another had the chicken parm, these turned out to be the only decent dishes. It was fine but considering we had to drive over an hour to get there, I doubt we'll be back.

1  Thank Brian7876
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Beautiful place, very interesting but the food is inconsistent. We visited last Saturday with a group of 13 friends. Some of the food like the Pumpkin Bisque was outstanding. Other things like the sweet potato and apple pie seemed like they spent too much time in a microwave. Overall it was a nice evening but I wish all of the food was as wonderful as the Pumpkin Bisque.