“Disappointed with Wings - Again”
Review of T J Rockwell's

T J Rockwell's
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
“Disappointed with Wings - Again”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I will preface this review by saying something good - my husband and I have been to Rockwell's many times over the years; with friends, family, coworkers, or just the two of us and 95% of the time, the food and service is good and worth going back for. And we find the deck to be a lot of fun. However, our experience with their takeout service (we usually order wings) has left a lot to be desired. Our recent experiences have included; the wait time for someone to pick up their takeout phone line is WAY too long, their wings keep get smaller and smaller (and not just on wing night!), and more than once we have been shorted wings (how hard is it to count to ten?) This past weekend, though, I was thoroughly disappointed with what we got and won't be coming back any time soon. Not only did they get the order wrong (we ordered medium but got the regular with no "heat" at all), plus they were tiny in size, partially cooked - a few were pink inside! and the ones that were cook didn't taste good at all. They were, by far, the worst wings we have had from any restaurant, ever! We didn't call the restaurant to let them know at the time because, quite frankly, we were hungry and didn't have the time or inclination to take them back for a replacement or refund, so we suffered through. But this will definitely cause us to stay away from Rockwell's for wings until they can assure that they have improved the quality of the food and accuracy of the order.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Debbie8183

Cape Coral, Florida
“Good food and great service”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My brother took me here for lunch after he picked me up from the airport. He likes this place a lot so I knew it would be good.

Ordered fish tacos. So good! He got a giant fish sandwich. It looked amazing! Our server was very nice. Wish I could remember her name. She was excellent! They have an outdoor area too which was being enlarged since it is so popular.

Glad we stopped. Next time I am in the area I'll be stopping again.

• Visited September 2013
Harleysville, Pennsylvania
“Good Food-Slow Service”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I was seared quickly and served my beverage but it took a long time for a sandwich to be delivered. The Reuben was very good, hot and large. This restaurant is just outside the center of Elizabethtown. Close to Rt 283.

I would give this restaurant another try.

• Visited September 2013
Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
“soooo good!”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I have ate here tons of times and never had a bad experience! The food is always amazing, never gotten anything I didnt love, the beer is cold, and the waitresses are usually all good. There is an older man waiting tables there and he isnt the friendliest, but other than him everything is great. they just built on to the outside deck, i have yet to sit out there but it looks awesome!

• Visited July 2013
PA
“Slow service, awful lobster roll”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This was not our first time at this restaurant but it will probably be our last. We stopped in for lunch and it was not real busy but we waited over an hour for our food. It took a while for the waitress to take our order and forever to get our check. We did not expect a 2 hour lunch. We ordered a crab cake sandwich and the lobster roll. The crab cake has always been very good here and it did not dissapoint. The lobster roll/salad was a different story - absolutely the worst slop I have ever had. It was very runny, extra, extra spicy and hot. It was so strong with old bay and tarragon that I could not eat it. I have no idea why it was called a lobster roll it was a runny yellow soup served on a bun. The waitress was very nice and friendly.

• Visited June 2013