“Slow service, awful lobster roll”
Review of T J Rockwell's

T J Rockwell's
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
PA
“Slow service, awful lobster roll”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This was not our first time at this restaurant but it will probably be our last. We stopped in for lunch and it was not real busy but we waited over an hour for our food. It took a while for the waitress to take our order and forever to get our check. We did not expect a 2 hour lunch. We ordered a crab cake sandwich and the lobster roll. The crab cake has always been very good here and it did not dissapoint. The lobster roll/salad was a different story - absolutely the worst slop I have ever had. It was very runny, extra, extra spicy and hot. It was so strong with old bay and tarragon that I could not eat it. I have no idea why it was called a lobster roll it was a runny yellow soup served on a bun. The waitress was very nice and friendly.

Lancaster, PA
“Nice outdoor place to eat!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This place is a fun little stop with an outdoor deck and bar. We went only for lunch, so it was not very busy. Good food, great beer selection, slightly higher than average prices. We will return with our children, as they have a cute swingset/playground area off the side of the deck.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst service I ever had”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We called ahead and waited a long time anyway. They were busy so that was ok but waiting for our server to greet us for another 15 minutes is not ok. We then order drinks and appetizers. We got our appetizers before our server returned with drinks. I had to get up and walk over to the servers station to get plates because our food was dying on our table. We finished our apps and didn't get our dinner order in yet. It seams like our server had too many tables to attend to. I served years ago and I know how it is but this place was too much. Great looking place lousy service. I'd stay away on a busy night.

1 Thank ken30oro
Coatesville, Pennsylvania
“Really Nice Find”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

On my son's recommendation we went for lunch and I wouldn't have found it without him. Not in town but in a rural setting outside of town. Very busy but we were seated right way. Nice atmosphere and there is an outside deck also. The service was excellent, there's an extensive menu and the food was really good. We shared a "tower" of onion rings with two different sauces, really good texas petal sauce. I had a reuben which was thick and really good and he had a BBQ chicken and ranch wrap. Would definitely go back.

• Visited May 2013
Hershey
“Little bit of everything”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

If you have children stay away from the bar at the patio. Swearing drunks when I was there. Food is always good, prices are a little high. They do have a big menu and a big beer selection also a swing set kids in the ever expanding deck.

• Visited May 2013