“"Well-maintained and pleasant"”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Elizabethtown
Hershey KOA Campground
Allendale, New Jersey
“"Well-maintained and pleasant"”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We've stayed in Hershey KOA over the Memorial Day weekend. The site was very clean and well-maintained. We've read the negative reviews for their staff. I don't see the reason. The staff we encountered was very kind and they were not rude at all. We arrived at night and the staff checked us in with a smile and they escorted us to our site. I did see the staff on golf carts and yes they did mention a rule or two on their site. But the rules were not unreasonable. But if you want a crazy party time and less restriction in exchange for less cleanness and quietness, this campground is probably not for you.

The playgrounds and mini golf were cute. My kids enjoyed spending time there. Also Hershey Park was within a short distance. Overall, we had a great time and we will definitely recommend Hershey KOA to our friends.

2 Thank Peter B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Bel Air, MD
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Quiet, kid & pet friendly, close to Hersheypark... We always have something to do here. The kids like to swim and fish, the dogs love the dog park. We, as parents, like that it's not too big. When not busy, the staff was always out picking up trash and straightening - up. We'll be back.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank sdwelling
Durham, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Firstly I would say that the negative ratings below were exactly the same as our experience! The staff is extremely inhospitable and rude! They made me feel unwelcome and and not appreciated as a high paying customer. We spoke the owner personally, and she said that her campground had gotten negative reviews, because people just don't like to follow the rules. Well, the complaint is not about their rules; it's about them being just plain rude! I would have rated them as "1 star", but I gave an extra star, because the bathrooms were very clean. Would not visit Elizabethtown ever again due to this experience. Next time we will boondock at Walmart.

Room Tip: Avoid the female staff as much as possible.
1 Thank Visitor612
Pasadena, Maryland
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Hershey KOA was the best. It was very Clean,Had very few kids activities. Movies always get cancelled. Dirty Pond, Train put you to sleep. We went when the pool was closed. We had a pop-up.
We will come back.

Room Tip: Book ahead of time.
1 Thank Erik W
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

I had to stay here while working an outage at TMI. The owner has some strange ideas about how to treat paying guests. The minute you check in she will start badgering you as to when you are leaving and curtly inform you that done working or not you will be kicked out before Thanksgiving. For all that wonderful hospitality (sarcasm) you will be told the monthly rate is $825 and a month is only 28 days. Don't bother pointing out that October has 31 days. She will tell you that she doesn't care because 28 days is easier for her. Translation: the greedy can steal even more from you. She will insist it is still a bargain because you are only paying for 17 days and getting the rest for free. Free? Really? Not! If your job lasts more than a KOA month she will charge you $260 per week or $50 per day. I don't think she grasps that you can get a hotel room cheaper than $50 per day, especially offseason in November, and she is providing nothing more than a patch of gravel. She isn't providing a bed or housekeeping. I like this lifestyle but I detest having to work places that cause me to deal with such greedy types as the woman who owns this campground. If you have any other options avoid this KOA at all costs.

• Stayed October 2013
10 Thank DWPL
Winchester, Virginia
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Hershey KOA is beautifully landscaped with friendly helpful staff. It's a bit out of the way but quite a few campgrounds are located in rural areas so this is not unusual. KOA is always our first choice when traveling.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OBXPearl
marlboro
Reviewed October 28, 2013

First let me say that yes this campground is clean and spacious. However, I agree with the situations that some have listed with the staff. They are not the most friendly in the world. They act like they have better things to do. Mostly the women in the office. I checked in and had to tell them several times I did not bring extra people. They kept saying "do you have any extra people?" I had already told them no several times. Then we were taken to our site by a gentleman on a golf cart. The first thing he told us was to be very careful starting a fire where they themselves had placed the fire pit. Also, we were told Hershey Park was only 14 minutes away meanwhile it was over 30 minutes away. I went to walk my dog with my daughter when she found a lost ball under a bush that was marked KOA. We took it to the office me with dog in hand, I did not take the dog into the store however, I stood at the door to watch her take the ball back. The first thing they started yelling was you can't bring that dog in here. I said I know that however she has something for you. They didn't want to touch it because it had some dirt on it. Not even a thank you for her returning it. Then on Sunday we had some technical difficulties with our fifth wheeler which caused us a delay. Check out it 11:30 am this was 12:15, the guy came back by on his golf cart and said did you call the office to report your late departure. I said no we are trying to fix a problem. He said they are probably going to charge you a late fee. You have to call the office now!! I called, at least I didn't get charged a late charge. Have mixed feelings about going back. Just don't know since I see all the other horrible reviews. And they relate so closely to the one I had.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank markat3
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabethtown
Comfort Inn at the Park
PA Dutch Country RV Resort
Amanda Gish House
Amanda Gish House
#1 of 3 in Elizabethtown

Been to Hershey KOA Campground? Share your experiences!