“Good but not good!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 15, 2013

My friend and I went to Lucky Ducks for lunch on a Saturday. We were seated immediately and gave our drink order. The menu offered a wide variety of food from salads to dinners, but the price tag was kinda steep. I decided on the nacho platter with pulled pork for $11. But told the waitress no jalapenos. My friend ordered a cup of crab bisque ($5) and a turkey burger platter ($10). I will say when the platter arrived it was huge! However, it was loaded with jalapenos so I had to pick them out and believe me they were HOT! The juice go on some of the cheese and was very spicy. My friend said the burger was good. So yes the food was good but I felt a bit high in price. The next part was no so good. We sat in the back part of the restaurant which just happened to be by the "ladies" room. Let me tell you, it was the size of a closet. You had a hard time sitting and being able to move. Okay so it was small, but the worst part was that during our lunch, someone went to the bathroom and when they left, the odor coming out of the b/r was not a good one. Apparently they do not have ventilation in the b/r or air fresheners. And the door did not close. So, if you plan on trying this place out, don't sit in the back part of the restaurant near the bathroom. I would return again but would sit elsewhere. Nice for a luncheon with friends, but kind of pricey for bringing a child.

There are newer reviews for Lucky Ducks Bar & Grille

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I had expected this place to be the typical "bar food" restaurant that people go to for the large beer selection rather than the food: wings, burgers, fried fish, and then a few overpriced entrees (usually pasta, fish, and steak). Lucky Duck's surprised me, though - the menu, while including those other favorites, is varied and reasonably priced. Their fish tacos are delicious, and all of their entrees are reasonably priced. There's outdoor seating when it's nice out, as well as a bar area downstairs and more quiet, larger tables upstairs. Service is always wonderful.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Our food was very good and the service was fine. Had the black bean chicken chile with pitas and it was great. I really enjoyed the fish tacos too. I would say that the restaurant needs a face lift which would have a big impact on its business. There was quite a bit of business in the restaurant while we were there on a Saturday night. I was pleased.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Every time I order something from here it just has an off taste. The seasoning they use for everything just does not mix.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We stopped by here after attending homecoming at our daughter's college. We had been in this restaurant before when it went by a different name and it was great so we thought we'd take a chance on it, even though it had a new name. Well, we should have eaten somewhere else.

First, the service was great. We had a waitress that was very attentive and we didn't need to ask for anything. But, the 'pros' end there. The prices seemed a bit steep. I ordered a cup of cream of crab soup and I honestly believe that I had more shells than crab meat in the soup. Every spoon had 2-3 shells in it. Not impressive and the taste was so -so. Then I ordered the 2 crabcake dinner. It came with a nice salad selection, 2 veggies and 2 "lump" crabcakes. Well, the cakes were the same as the soup. Every bite had at least 1-2 shells in it. I finally left 1/2 of it there. It tasted more like fish and the "lump" was very sparse to say the least.

Friends got sandwiches and they said their food was simply "ok". I would not return. The food was not like it used to be.

1  Thank travelinmama1731