“New Favorite in the Area”
Review of Black Gryphon

Black Gryphon
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This place is temporarily closed due to renovation. Owner Anthony Morgan said Friday that repairs will take four to six months, but the restaurant will reopen.
Middletown, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“New Favorite in the Area”
Reviewed March 19, 2012

This is one of my new favorite restaurants in the area. All f the food was fresh and flavorful. was a great meal all around. Dessert was incredible and different.

• Visited March 2012

Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
“Interesting creative menu”
Reviewed March 17, 2012

I eat here often and the staff is vary friendly and the food is also very good. They have live entertainment several times per month and excellent live theater at times.

vienna
“Most interesting food in E-town”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I ate at this restaurant last night with my mother. We both enjoyed our food very much and thought that the menu was certainly the most interesting in E-town. My mother especially enjoyed her grilled pear salad. I had a risotto dish with Spanish sausage and I that was very tasty. The food wasn't the highest level cuisine that I've ever tasted but was still very good and certainly the most interesting food that is currently available in Elizabethtown. I would definitely recommend this restaurant. Also, the number of beers available is exceptional. Our service was excellent however we have heard from other people who have eaten at the restaurant that the service was very slow.

Hershey PA
“Quirky but satsifying”
Reviewed January 17, 2012

The Black Gryphon offers decidedly different takes on entrees -- I think it is a fusion of Welsh and American cuisines, if that is possible. Very friendly family owned and operated, good selection of beers and wines.

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Over Rated”
Reviewed January 8, 2012

I graduated from Le Cordon Bleu in Paris and worked at both Nettle Restaurant and Arbutus Restaurant in London. Place looked nice but you can't eat atmosphere. Was disappointed in what they call cuisine. Our service was bad. I am in US for just a short time more and this will not be a place I will be visiting again ever or suggest to anyone.

• Visited December 2011
3 Thank London M
blackgryphon, Owner at Black Gryphon, responded to this review, February 4, 2012
We are sorry to hear about your unpleasant evening with us. We pride ourselves on everything that we do within our doors & always are interested in feedback. One question, did you bring any of your complaints up to the server or ask to see a manager/owner? We like when customers do for that is the only chance we have to right the wrongs & improve our business, we dislike when customers say nothing & then return to the safety of their homes & leave negative reviews online. Seems a bit unfair to me!
Next time you are in, please ask for myself, Anthony Morgan, or my wife/manager, Lindsay, so that we have a chance to listen to your comments, which allows us to grow in a positive direction & let you know how & why we do things here. Thank you very much for your feedback.
Anthony Morgan