WINNER WONDERLAND

and 1 more site!
The Red Rose Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Elizabethtown
Camp Hill
“Glad I read the reviews”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

The only other place in town was full. I read the reviews of The Red Rose and decided to take a chance. I am glad that I asked for the new section. The room was probably 40 years old but it was clean and large enough. The beds were comfortable. The towels were good. The TV service was a dish. I have never seen so many stations-everything from MSNBC to the local college station. There are place to eat near-by which is helpful if you are traveling and do not know the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Courthouse067

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

I needed a cheap place to stay for a family wedding and this place was perfect. It was right in the area with food and gas nearby, the rate was inexpensive, and the quality of the room was good. The bed was comfy, although the a/c didn't work (the heat did though!) I would recommend bringing a pair of flip flops for the shower (I'm a germ freak) but it was actually very clean. There was a family staying in the room next to me, but I didn't have any issues with noise at all. I would definitely come back again and would recommend this place to anyone looking for a place to stay that's worth the (little) money.

• Stayed October 2013
Fayetteville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

I booked 3 rooms for 2 nights for myself and family to go to Hershey Park. When I pulled up I was a little skeptical, the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. We were given rooms in the newer part they were decent size very clean, and in good working order. The Beds were very
comfortable and seemed new and also the linens and towels seemed new. This was a good value for the money compared to the prices in Hershey. there is a Burger King ,Turkey Hill and Italian restaurant in walking distance. Hershey is 15 min ride away. The only negative is that you have to pay in full when you check I ?

Room Tip: Ask for the newer part of the motel I am not sure what the other is like.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Staci H
Windham, Maine
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I like places that look like this on the outside. You can pull the car up to the door, grass to walk around in and kind of quiet. What I didn't like was when you ask for the ice machine they give you a little tiny sandwich bag of ice and say "We have more of these in the back." Well, it was good for a laugh anyway. The room was super small. Barely room for luggage and no closet. Dog friendly was a plus. Big minus was the grayish/blackish color on the bottom of the shower...just use some bleach please, people. Showerhead was the college dorm style that takes an hour to rinse your hair (yeah, I am pretty bald). If this place was $35 to $45 it would be cool, but not at the price they got me for. Lastly the a/c was not on in the room when I checked in...so quess what? Yes, it smells moldy and musty when you get to the room...great. Why do these little places that I love so much for so many things feel they need to charge the same but cheap out on so much? I don't get it. One other thing that bothered me was the 6 or 7 kids hanging in the front yard with a dog and all their crap laying around, they were out there all day and most of the early evening. Where are the parents? Not watching the kids I know that.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first....maybe the nicer ones are better then mine.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank MRANDMRSBURRITO

Travelers are raving about these Elizabethtown hotels

Cherry Hill, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I needed an inexpensive motel for 1 night because a group of my daughter and friends needed to stay overnight after a concert in hersheypark but didn't have a lot of money to spend over 4th of July.

Girls said the lobby was a little sketchy and the lobby bathroom was kinda dirty, but the room was clean enough. the just needed a place to sleep.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Linda S
Hanover, Maryland, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

A group of us, we got (9) rooms from Maryland went to stay one night for a tournament. Pillows were flat, felt unsafe. The rooms had a microwave and refrigerator, they should have saved their money and undated this very old place. The reviews seemed to good to be true for the so called cost. What a mistake. Careful what you chose for the cost.

Room Tip: Don't stay there.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MaryJ7455
Cold Spring, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed here while visiting family in the area. We stayed in the newer section of the hotel. The rooms were basic rooms that are dated but clean. The mattress was comfortable. They allow dogs for an additional $5 a night which is extremely reasonable compared to the other hotels in the the area. I had forgotten my hairdryer and the office let me borrow one for the stay. This is my second stay here but the first time I have left a review. There is a Burger King right next door and a Turkey Hill market right across the street. 5 minutes from Mt. Joy or Elizabethtown if you need more than that. The staff was very nice and were available at any time I needed them. When I made my reservation I requested the same room I had stayed in and they were able to accomodate it. If you stay on the side where the burger king is, it is pretty bright but I prefer it that way but you could not see the light in the room. Would definately stay here again. If you are not looking for all of the bells and whistles, stay here.

Room Tip: Newer section is less dated.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabethtown
Hampton Inn & Suites Mount Joy / Lancaster West
Warwick Inn & Suites
Warwick Inn & Suites
#2 of 2 in Lititz
MainStay Suites of Lancaster County

Been to The Red Rose Motel? Share your experiences!