Stayed here to visit colleges for one night this month. For the price we paid ($100) it was a great deal. The hotel was maintained, comfortable and the staff couldn't be any nicer. I was amazed by the large breakfast room with free breakfast (lots of choices and everything tasted good and was replenished over and over). The ladies who worked in the breakfast room were very nice too. For the price it was amazing. Great deal.
There was a fridge in the room and a flat-screen tv.
A couple of things that would be great: I know this is an express, so no pool. I knew about that, but it would be great if they could put a sitting area outside the hotel somewhere. There's only one bench in front of the hotel. Sometimes it's nice to sit out an have a drink or my husband likes to smoke a cigar. There is nowhere at all to hang out outside.
Also, my son is allergic to cats. This hotel is pet-friendly. I asked for a room that hadn't had a pet (hoping for the best). He was fine except in the morning was very congested. Also, the room was cleaned well, but I could tell an animal had been in the room at some point. Once we put the AC on for awhile, it dissipated.
I would stay again, just jack up the allergy meds. Great value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you re traveling for business or pleasure, the Holiday Inn Express Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania (Hershey Area) is the ideal place to be in PA! Our hotel is located betweenHarrisburg, Hershey and Lancaster.. Corporate business travelers will value our free high-speed Internet, as well as our close proximity to the Harrisburg International Airport (MDT), Manheim Auto Auction, Elizabethtown College, Masonic Village, and the community of Mount Joy. Vacationers will enjoy the Amish Country, thrills of Hersheypark, and easy access to Hollywood Casino! We also have discount tickets to many area attractions available at our front desk. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, all of our guests will enjoy our variety of well-appointed guest rooms, including triple queen suites,for larger families, and luxurious whirlpool suites for a relaxing or romantic getaway. Our staff will greet you with a warm welcome, and offer a good night's sleep at a reasonable price. Our free, deluxe Continental breakfast has plenty of variety to start your morning, and now also includes a selection of hot foods daily, as well as, warm cinnamon rolls, a variety of pastries, cereal, and much more! We are easy access from the PA Turnpike (I-76) and airport MDT, just off Rt. 283 at the Rheems/Elizabethtown exit. We'd love to have you stay with us, and we look forward to meeting you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, IHG, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Elizabethtown (Hershey Area) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Elizabethtown
- Holiday Inn Express Elizabethtown
- Elizabethtown Holiday Inn