“Reasonable room cost & friendly staff”

Holiday Inn Express Elizabethtown (Hershey Area)
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Elizabethtown
Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
“Reasonable room cost & friendly staff”
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Chose hotel for it's convenience for a quick visit to Elizabethtown. Found it to be a good value, providing everything needed for my stay. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Plan to stay again next pass through town.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
South Windsor
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Overall a decent place to stay. The room was bright and clean, the TV, fridge and mic were very functional and clean (fridge/mic). Beds were a little soft for my taste but ok for my daughter. Free breakfast was very good with a large selection of food. Staff was always present to clean, top off the coffee and food. All staff were vere pleasent.

Here are my concerns: The hallways reeked of fresh cigarette smoke no matter what time of day. The room itself smelled of sprayed air freshener..ostensibly to counteract the nasty hallway smell. The heater in the room (February visit) was very noisy. When we arrived we found out the the tiolet was clogged. I called the front desk and they said they'd be right up with a plunger. They were ideed fast! When I opened the door less than 5 minutes after calling, the staff member held out a plunger, said "here you go" and walked away leaving me to unclog the toilet.

Other than those four issues, our stay was pleasent.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Elizabethtown (Hershey Area), responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear julyvaca33804,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am pleased to know that our breakfast exceeded your expectations and you find our room bright and clean. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are happy you experienced it as such. Please accept my sincere apologies for the shortcomings you experienced and for the inconvenience the hallways and toilet may have caused. I appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention and assure you that proper measures have been taken to ensure that there will not be a recurrence.

I hope this would not deter you from choosing us again in the future.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Northern Cambria, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I love this hotel. It's very clean with comfortable beds. The maid Jenn does a wonderful job keeping room nice :) I stay here while training for work. They offer hot tea and coffee all day/ night, and there's always snacks in the lobby. The only thing I did not like was the traffic noise this time. The highway was right outside my window, making it difficult yo sleep. Ask for a room on the other side of the hotel. Breakfast is also great, with great coffee :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

I'm a priority club elite member and travel frequently. Nice facility very clean and I would stay there again. Staff is friendly helpful. Rooms are very clean and very basic. The fitness center is also very good for a Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed December 2012
rshafferhie, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Elizabethtown (Hershey Area), responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Hello,
Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay at our property! We sincerely appreciate it! Please do not hesitate to contact us with any future lodging needs in our area. Have a wonderful day!

New York City, New York
Reviewed December 9, 2012

The rooms were clean and people were pleasant. But the odor of cigarette smoke looms over every room and corridor no matter where you stay. Otherwise it's a decent short stay place. Parking is a bit limited due to the large trucks in the lot.

• Stayed December 2012
Good Morning,
Thank you for your thoughtful comments on our property! We sincerely appreciate the feedback we receive from all of our guests. In response to the smoking currently allowed in some areas on property, this will be changed shortly. We will be converting to a smoke free property in 2013.

Again, I appreciate your comments, and I'm happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us. Please do not hesitate to contact us anytime! Have a wonderful day!

Fort Wayne, IN
Reviewed November 5, 2012

For $150 per night, this hotel was pretty barebones. Very nice employees, but nothing fancy. Small bathroom. It was an interesting combination of many amenities (newspaper, microwave, good TV, new towels, but it still had cheap construction and a noisy AC. Location is about 5 miles for downtown. Okay for good place to sleep.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
rshafferhie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Elizabethtown (Hershey Area), responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Good Morning,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We sincerely appreciate receiving feedback from our guests! I would like to take this time to inform you of a few upcoming changes to our hotel. We have recently added the LG HDTV 37" flatscreens, microwaves, and refrigerators to each guestroom. We have a continous plan to improve out guestroom decor and functionality to improve our guests experience and modernize each guestroom. Please feel free to provide any additional feedback that you feel may aid this process. I can be reached directly at 717-367-4000 ext. 150. Thank you again for your comments, and have a wonderful day!

Rose Shaffer

P.S. Our rates vary by seasons, time of year and special events. I see you travelled on business. Please feel free to inform my front desk of this should you need to visit our area again. We may have a negotiated rate with your business. Thanks Again!
Colorado
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I was put at the Holiday Inn Express during a recent trip to do some speaking in Elizabethtown. This hotel is not near anything and has an upkeep that is going downhill. The coffee machine in my room had used packets that had begun to grow hairy mold all over them, the hallway smelled of heavy smoke, and the bathroom and little chunks of stuff that would float up from the drain in the tub when you would shower.

The bed was clean, hard but clean. The air conditioner did not work efficiently, was exceedingly loud and let out a screech.

I am at a loss for how this hotel get decent reviews because I love Tripadvisor, but I think what has happened is management or something has changed...this hotel literally stinks.

The staff were friendly, but so is everyone you meet in town.

My recommendation is to stay outside of Elizabethtown proper and drive from one of the nearby better hotels.

And although I wasn't paying I saw that they charged my providers 189 a night for this room....A HUGE RIP OFF.

Room Tip: Go down the road even if out of town a little. Don't stay here.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Sir,
Thank you for the feedback you provided. We sincerely appreciate receiving feedback from our guests, and we value your opinions. It's guests like you that provide your opinions to help us improve our property and services. I apologize for the poor experience you had with our property, and I have reviewed this with my management team and staff. I am excited to inform you that we have just been approved to become a smoke free hotel. We will be converting to non smoking in early 2013!

In reference to the room rate, during your stay was a special event. Our rates vary by seaon and we have a few special events each year in which the rates vary.

I would like to invite you to contact me directly so I may discuss your recent stay at our hotel. If you would like to contact me, I may be reached directly at 717-367-4000 ext. 150.

Thank you again for your feedback! Have a wonderful day!

Rose Shaffer

Travelers are raving about these Elizabethtown hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabethtown
Hampton Inn & Suites Mount Joy / Lancaster West
#2 of 7 in Manheim
Lancaster Inn & Suites
Lancaster Inn & Suites
#5 of 7 in Manheim

Been to Holiday Inn Express Elizabethtown (Hershey Area)? Share your experiences!