“Exactly what we were looking for!”

Holiday Inn Express Elizabethtown (Hershey Area)
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Elizabethtown
Reviewed September 13, 2011

We flew into Harrisburg, PA around midnight on the Friday of Labor Day weekend for a couple of days of sightseeing in Lancaster County, Hershey, and Gettysburg. We didn't have reservations and most of the more centrally located hotels (with decent reviews) were booked. Elizabethtown turned out to be quite a pleasant location, however, as it was just a short drive to the airport and square in the middle of many of the attractions we wanted to see (Gettysburg was a little farther away, but still only an hour's drive). It was actually nice to retreat to our quiet, slightly-off-the-beaten-path location at the end of a long day.

We had a room with a king sized bed on the second floor, and everything was clean and appealing. (I love hotels rooms that use the bright white duvet covers instead of the horrible patterned bedspreads that may or may not have been washed recently.) We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. There were lots of choices, including freshly made pancakes, and the ladies in charge of the breakfast kept everything well stocked.

If we ever come back to the area, I wouldn't hesitate to stay in this hotel again!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bonnieshee
rshafferhie, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Elizabethtown (Hershey Area), responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind and thoughtful comments! We sincerely appreciate it! I'm happy you had a great stay, and we look forward to serving you in the future! Have a great day!

Reviewed August 13, 2011

found mice poop on bed water damage on ceiling your hotel phone never worked during our stay spider webs in corners you can reach me at ------

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
rshafferhie, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Elizabethtown (Hershey Area), responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2011

Dear Guest,
We apologize for any inconvenience you had experienced during you recent stay at our property. Our goal is to strive to make each and every guest have an enjoyable stay each and every time that they are at our property. We sincerely apologize that your recent stay fell short of this. I would be more than happy to discuss this situation with you further. I can be reached directly at the property at 717-367-4000 or toll free at 800-335-4188. Please feel free to call and discuss this with me. Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

Reviewed August 2, 2011

Stayed on the night of July 23rd. The hotel was very clean. The staff was very friendly. The hotel does not have a pool, but will give you a pass to the community pool. The fitness center is good also. Breakfast was really good. If I am in the area again I would most definitely stay at this hotel. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the area.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 27, 2011

Attended the Celtic Fling and couldn't get a room at the Hampton Inn across the street from the location. Decided to book here because of the wonderful reviews posted. Everything stated in the reviews were accurate. Hotel was clean, room was clean and service was great. Breakfast Sunday morning was a plus. Would have given this hotel 5 stars but no pool. It was hot out and after being out all day I would have loved to come home and take a swim. But other than that it was excellent!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Wonderful service! I was traveling with mother (92) and sister catching up on old memories of Lancaster County and needed a couple of rooms. I asked about the room rate using AAA, AARP, retired Military, etc. I also asked about a ground floor room. The lady immediately offered the military rate as the best and confirm a couple of ground floor rooms adjacent to each other. The folks there couldn't have been nicer to us and recommended a good family restaurant in the area. In the morning they were nice enough to cash my mother's traveler's checks.
I'll definitely return if I'm ever in the area again.

Room Tip: Ask! Use all the options!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank USCGRetired
Reviewed May 30, 2011

I stayed there for 1 night for business in the area. The place was clean and inviting. The room was large and clean. The breakfast buffet was not much to talk about but it had items that I ate so good for a short stay. The location is next to nothing so make sure you have someone to give you a ride to get around or a rental car.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 5, 2011

My husband and I stayed in this wonderful hotel. We had reserved a King room and upon arriving, we were upgraded to a King Jacuzzi room. :). When we entered the room, we were surprised at the size of the room and absolutely thrilled with the lay-out. The bed was awesome and the staff was friendly and absolutely wonderful. In the morning, the continental breakfast gave us a variety of delicious choices to start our morning. We are staying there again in February and definately give this hotel two thumbs enthusiastically up!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
rshafferhie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Elizabethtown (Hershey Area), responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2011

Good Morning,
We sincerely appreciate your feedback in regards to your recent stay with us! Thank you very much! I will be sure to share your thoughtful comments with the hotel's staff! We look forward to having you stay with us again this month! Have a wonderful day!

Rose Shaffer

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabethtown
Hampton Inn & Suites Mount Joy / Lancaster West
#4 of 7 in Manheim
Lancaster Inn & Suites
Lancaster Inn & Suites
#5 of 7 in Manheim

Been to Holiday Inn Express Elizabethtown (Hershey Area)? Share your experiences!