We flew into Harrisburg, PA around midnight on the Friday of Labor Day weekend for a couple of days of sightseeing in Lancaster County, Hershey, and Gettysburg. We didn't have reservations and most of the more centrally located hotels (with decent reviews) were booked. Elizabethtown turned out to be quite a pleasant location, however, as it was just a short drive to the airport and square in the middle of many of the attractions we wanted to see (Gettysburg was a little farther away, but still only an hour's drive). It was actually nice to retreat to our quiet, slightly-off-the-beaten-path location at the end of a long day.
We had a room with a king sized bed on the second floor, and everything was clean and appealing. (I love hotels rooms that use the bright white duvet covers instead of the horrible patterned bedspreads that may or may not have been washed recently.) We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. There were lots of choices, including freshly made pancakes, and the ladies in charge of the breakfast kept everything well stocked.
If we ever come back to the area, I wouldn't hesitate to stay in this hotel again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you re traveling for business or pleasure, the Holiday Inn Express Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania (Hershey Area) is the ideal place to be in PA! Our hotel is located betweenHarrisburg, Hershey and Lancaster.. Corporate business travelers will value our free high-speed Internet, as well as our close proximity to the Harrisburg International Airport (MDT), Manheim Auto Auction, Elizabethtown College, Masonic Village, and the community of Mount Joy. Vacationers will enjoy the Amish Country, thrills of Hersheypark, and easy access to Hollywood Casino! We also have discount tickets to many area attractions available at our front desk. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, all of our guests will enjoy our variety of well-appointed guest rooms, including triple queen suites,for larger families, and luxurious whirlpool suites for a relaxing or romantic getaway. Our staff will greet you with a warm welcome, and offer a good night's sleep at a reasonable price. Our free, deluxe Continental breakfast has plenty of variety to start your morning, and now also includes a selection of hot foods daily, as well as, warm cinnamon rolls, a variety of pastries, cereal, and much more! We are easy access from the PA Turnpike (I-76) and airport MDT, just off Rt. 283 at the Rheems/Elizabethtown exit. We'd love to have you stay with us, and we look forward to meeting you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Elizabethtown (Hershey Area) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Elizabethtown
- Holiday Inn Express Elizabethtown
- Elizabethtown Holiday Inn