“Pizza was horrible” 1 of 5 bubbles

Garner, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pizza was horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

Was looking for some good pizza and went to Mikes. They had a special going which 2 pies cost 27 dollars. I ordered a cheese pie and a pepperoni/ bacon pie. The pepperoni/ bacon pie was AWFUL. The dough was saturated in grease to the point that the pizza was not edible. I contacted them as soon as I got home and told them about the way they served a pie that had a pool of grease on top. They tried to justify it by saying that pepperoni and bacon have a lot of grease. I knowing better didnt let them off that easy because I order the same pie everywhere I go and I never had this sort of problem. They stated there was nothing they were going to do. I understand everyone is in a recession but as a business you never put money over quality. I made sure no one I knew would have this problem and after talking with some of my friends they have had the same problem with poor quality of food being served at this place where they said food is already average to begin with.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Great family restaurant. LOVED the meatball slider special. Friendly staff and owners. We will definitely come back wen we visit the Poconos again.

Navarre, Florida
“Close but no cigar”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

'Like it is'. We came out during Isaac and went to Vinnies first, it was 5 to 9 and he said he was shut down. we then went in to Mikes after taking a ride down the road and decided to try him. It was after 9:10 when we got there, they close at 9:30 First of all the service was very accomodating,and they had no problem making us a large pie and a family size calzone. Mike said "they were here for us". Now on to the food. the pizza was okay, not really great NY pizza, the crust was not the best alittle chewy, not enough air in the dough. The calzone was wet and drippy the cheese in side was runny, the ricotta should be drained first before being put inside.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Forgeddaboutit
“The BEST pizza in the West End”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

We've been going to Mike's for years... previous location, and now the new location in Effort. Try our personal favorite: White pizza with tomato, basil & garlic! Consistantly delicious! Highly recommend!

Visited April 2012
3 Thank DanaPointMom
“Best pizza in poconos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

My family has been a huge fan for many years. A great Italian restraunt. Everything is open. You can see the cooks making food. Great place.

1 Thank FireAndyReid