“best kept secret for Pocono NASCAR Fans”
Review of Lynn's Motel

Lynn's Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Effort
Lynn's Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Effort
Reviewed June 21, 2005

I needed a place to stay close to the race track at Long Pond but everyplace was booked or more than an hour away. Finally, I found a yellow pages listing for Lynn's Motel in Effort, PA, less than 9 miles from the track. I couldn't find a website or any other information about Lynn's Motel but decided to give them a call out of desperation. The Pocono 500 was less that 3 weeks away and I had no place to stay. I called the motel and was surprised to find they still had rooms available. Carol, who I think may be the owner, bartender, receptionist, and cleaning lady, told me I would need to mail her a check to reserve the room. I was hesitant but mailed the check because I was out of options. I warned my Canadian friends who were meeting me for their first NASCAR experience that the place could be a dive!

We checked in on Friday night before a Sunday race and were pleasantly surprised! Now don't misunderstand, this isn't the Hilton or the Doubletree. But, the room was large, clean and comfortable. There is a large grassy area beside the motel that is perfect for a picnic or early tailgating. Lynn's is located in a VERY rural area, but a convenience store, diner, and a pizza shop are all within walking distance. You can drive a few miles to get groceries and beer for tailgating. Lynn's also has a small bar that sells beer to go! We enjoyed our stay at Lynn's and will stay there again! Lynn's Motel only has 6 or 7 rooms, so reserve early. When word gets out, it won't be a secret anymore!

15  Thank mounties2017
There are newer reviews for Lynn's Motel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Effort
Days Inn Tannersville
The Village at Pocono
#1 of 1 in Long Pond
Baymont Inn & Suites Bartonsville Poconos
Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos

Been to Lynn's Motel? Share your experiences!