“Sweet Sauce”

Cuisines: Pizza
Kingston, Pennsylvania
“Sweet Sauce”
Reviewed March 3, 2012

Don't care for sweet sauce on pizza. Nothing spectacular about their pizza their boneless wings are OK, but nothing to write home about.

Dallas, PA
“Not like the "old" Grotto pizza we grew to love!”
Reviewed February 10, 2012

We have known Grotto Pizza for our "lifetime." . . from growing up and visiting the original Harvey's Lake site. Recently, we ordered what will be our "last pizza" from the Wilkes-Barre location. The pizza was horrible - it was dry; hardly any cheese. We could hardly recognize that it was "Grotto" pizza. I phoned the manager and informed him that we wouldn't be buying any more Grotto pizza and he offered to do a "redo." No thank you. Some of our local pizza shops in Dallas could outdo that pizza, hands down. To their credit, however, the strombolli was very good. . . but the pizza was a bomb. I should mention that friends of ours have mentioned that they, too, are finished with Grotto pizza. Evidently ownership has become too complacent and taken their reputation for granted.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank LizaDallas
Pennsylvania
“Average Pizza”
Reviewed January 4, 2012

It's not the worst pizza I've ever had, and it's certainly not the best.

The few times I've ordered take-out, they've screwed up the order. The last time I ordered and went in they didn't even have the order. They claimed I must've called one of their other locations. Um, I don't think so. I think I would know what location I called. The girl behind the counter never even offered an apology - she just shrugged her shoulders. I'll never go back again. I also think their pizza prices are pricey for the small pies they serve. There are way better pizza's places around.

• Visited January 2012
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“Overpriced, average pizza”
Reviewed June 26, 2011

This pizza place has made a name for itself in the last 20 years, selling mucho pie at fairs and its few locations in Delaware and Pa. The pizza was very good years ago and has since changed. Left to family members to run, the quality has drastically changed. But it doesnt matter because they have a huge following of non Italian pizza lovers who have no taste. If you want to spend $12 on a regular pie that weighs just ounces (really lite in pizza box when takeout) and tastes average then by all means waste your money, if you want real pizza, try somewhere else.

• Visited May 2011
wilkes-barre, PA
“Good pizza”
Reviewed July 16, 2009

Good pizza - especially if you like sweet sauce. The original Grotto at Harveys Lake has the best pizza