“I will give it one more shot...some day”
Review of The Crossroads

The Crossroads
Ranked #4 of 29 Restaurants in Edinboro
Cuisines: American
Erie, Pennsylvania
“I will give it one more shot...some day”
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

I really want to like this place. Been there twice. Service has been painfully slow....portions are small....prices are a little high...location and atmosphere are good. I will give it one more try after a while. Hopefully the third time will be the charm....not the third strike.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank ckbykm

Erie, Pennsylvania
“Pleasantly surprised!”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Since this restaurant was recently purchased and opened under new ownership, we have passed this place countless times and wondered what it would be like inside. The front part of the building appears to be a streetcar or part of a train, and this part has an old-school diner appearance. However, once we stepped inside we were surprised to see just how spacious the inside is. The streetcar area is but one portion of a very large building, and we were quickly greeted and whisked away to another part of the restaurant with high-backed booths and tables surrounding a large stone (possibly faux stone) fireplace. The décor is light and welcoming. The restaurant seemed very clean and our hostess was super friendly.

I was impressed by the menu and ordered a steak salad. While it was on the pricey end ($12) it was really fantastic. There were large, tender strips of steak along with crispy fries and the cucumber, hard-boiled egg slices, and halved cherry tomatoes were artfully arranged on the edge of the plate. Little touches like that always get my attention. My husband ordered a burger and noted that it was one of the best burgers he has ever had. His burger was cooked to order, appeared to be generously-sized and came with a fair amount of fries.

Our server was attentive, courteous, and prompt. The other serves seemed friendly and upbeat.

Since this was my first time inside, I initially expected more of a diner atmosphere. I did notice that in the front streetcar portion, with its round stools at the bar and pies encased in glass dishes on the counter. The other part of the restaurant looked much different, but is thoughtfully decorated with railroad and streetcar photos and decorations. The area where we sat was clean and bright and had a high-end feel to it. Really, the whole place had a good feel to it and it exceeded my expectations.

We had our child was us and the restaurant seems family-friendly although they do not offer the usual paper-placemat-with-crayons set up.

Just as a note, we noticed on the way out that the back entrance (in the parking lot area) had a wheelchair lift. Good to know for those who could benefit from that.

The service was great, the food was wonderful and we will certainly return.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank ZXZX19
DuBois
“Nostalgic visit”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We recently paid a nostalgic visit to the Crossroads Diner. Updated a lot since our school days. Very nice. Good food; reasonably priced. They have good pies! Still has the old college diner feel too.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank DuBoisMoe
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Fish & Chips”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

we recently stopped in for friday nite dinner..great comfort food!!....fish&chips were some of the best I've had and they are one of my favorites when eating out!...crisp and cooked to perfection....huge portions! we had four in our party two ordered burgers which were very tasty too (I split half my fish for half a burger). Music from the bar area could be heard in the main dining room area and was nice. The bar was packed....so we ate in the main room....Nice place.....staff was very friendly for a busy busy night .

• Visited May 2013
GRAND ISLAND
“streetcar desire”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

we loved even the old crossroads, even though our late pal had trouble fitting through the door and into the booths... we were amazed to see the upgrade on a recent trip, looks great while retaining the rollingstock flavor of the old place... mrs. cg ordered "off the menu," that is, a made-to-order grilled cheese not listed among the sandwiches, and they did themselves proud... the "old school" breakfast of cakes, eggs, sausage and bacon sustained us until our next university stop (graduation, Pittsburgh)... fine, pleasant staff... and the view from the easternmost booth showcases the passing throng of bikers, dogs and just pleasant people... let's hope they all stop in and keep the crossroads rolling

• Visited April 2013