“Great Fish & Chips”

The Crossroads
Ranked #4 of 29 Restaurants in Edinboro
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 15, 2013

we recently stopped in for friday nite dinner..great comfort food!!....fish&chips were some of the best I've had and they are one of my favorites when eating out!...crisp and cooked to perfection....huge portions! we had four in our party two ordered burgers which were very tasty too (I split half my fish for half a burger). Music from the bar area could be heard in the main dining room area and was nice. The bar was packed....so we ate in the main room....Nice place.....staff was very friendly for a busy busy night .

Reviewed April 29, 2013

we loved even the old crossroads, even though our late pal had trouble fitting through the door and into the booths... we were amazed to see the upgrade on a recent trip, looks great while retaining the rollingstock flavor of the old place... mrs. cg ordered "off the menu," that is, a made-to-order grilled cheese not listed among the sandwiches, and they did themselves proud... the "old school" breakfast of cakes, eggs, sausage and bacon sustained us until our next university stop (graduation, Pittsburgh)... fine, pleasant staff... and the view from the easternmost booth showcases the passing throng of bikers, dogs and just pleasant people... let's hope they all stop in and keep the crossroads rolling

Reviewed March 17, 2013

The acoustic part of my son's band was invited to play at The Crossroads Diner so my husband and I met some friends there for dinner. The food was delicious and reasonable, we loved the remodel and the new decor, the draft beer selection was wonderful, and the service was great! Looking forward to going back!!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I am from Edinboro and have given this place multiple tries and every time it's always a let down. The new owner sunk a lot of money into the place to renovate it after sitting abandoned for several years. The renovation is nice but the food is just average to below average. It was being billed as a high end restaurant. I really like to travel so I've been all over to compare high end food too. There are good points to it though but only one. They have a great bar! The draft beer there is amazing. It's almost seems to be just above freezing right from the tap. The cocktails are very good too. Their is a particular bartender there, "Philip" who really knows his stuff. He seems to be classically trained and can make some of the old classic favs. He is a true asset to the business whether they know it or not.

The food is average to below average and the kitchen service needs a lot of work. The first time I was there they had a hour wait to get in cause they were newly opened. Then we had a wait for the food in which I ordered a steak. It was billed to be the best steak ever, but it seemed to be cooked in a convection oven. It was greasy, chewy, undercooked and was truly the worst steak of my life. I have since heard of others that went there and had the same steak experience. We gave it other opportunities though and they were all equally disappointing. I was there once and the kitchen was so far behind on orders they closed the kitchen! Closed it! We waited 2 hrs for food. SO the kitchen could catch up. I've ordered just appetizers and cocktails and it took them a hr to get me appatizers. So if you just want cocktails its a great place. If you want food you should just plan on a average meal with extremely long waits until they at least get a kitchen manager that knows how to run a kitchen.