“a good place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Edinboro
New York City, New York
“a good place to stay”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I'm another Edinboro U. parent therefore this is a convenient hotel. Breakfast was good. room was fine. The 6 year old enjoyed the pool. I enjoyed the hot tub. Good value, not the cheapest place but an excellent example of this class of lodging. The Walmart is nearby for those student purchases. There are no restaurants in the immediate vicinity so you will have to drive but you can get pizza delivered so civilization is nearby.
If weather allows great little patio out back to relax and see the countryside. I'm calling this a business trip because we were dropping off my son for college and not vacationing.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I stayed at this hotel as part of a group in December. It is a nice hotel, the rooms are well appointed and the breakfast is plentiful.
There is a pool and hot tub, but I didn't get the chance to utilize them, though they did look great.
The only real drawback that I could see is that the breakfast area, being in the lobby was really cold. (It stands to reason as the lobby doors are in the proximity of the breakfast area.
The view was nice, the hotel staff were great and there is a small plaza with a Walmart a short walk away.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Southern Ontario
Reviewed January 5, 2014

1st trip was for a business type trip. Was so impressed I came back with the entire family, crossed my fingers as the Fam assessed the hotel. And........they loved it. Big room, for a very good value (cookies and b'fast is what the kids liked). Good location for shopping at Grove City and Erie and the money saved easily makes up for the drive to town.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank 2041
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I have been at this hotel for two weeks whilst delivering training nearby. I have been consistently impressed with the care and concern with which staff supports their guests. The hotel itself is absolutely lovely in appearance; very well appointed and decorated and clean as a whistle. The rooms are very spacious with an extremely reasonable price. "Howard" will serve you a hot and cold continental breakfast that is great every single day. Guest laundry is spotless with very efficient machines and only $1 per load with a 45 minute dry cycle! Front desk staff is absolutely wonderful in their care and attention to every detail. The business center, very important to me, is great with a combo printer, copier, scanner and fax available 24/7. My only disappointment, because I was managing a recent neck surgery, is that the spa was out of order the whole time here. Small thing and would have made it the most perfect stay ever! If you are in the area, I truly encourage you not to miss this tremendous experience.

Room Tip: FIrst Floor rear is best (I prefer first) however there were some suites on the second floor that se...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 9, 2013

i stay at this hotel to visit my son at EUP and have never had a bad experience. Front desk was very friendly and helpful. Rooms are very clean and well maintained. The breakfast has both hot and cold items. The only negative experience was that most of my visits here the coffee in the lobby was either out or cold but that was not problem since there is a coffee pot in the room. I just wanted to keep that available for early morning or late evening. They have games at the front desk for your enjoyment which makes nice for families with children. Walmart across the street and a Sheetz next door makes for nice accomodations and walking distance.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank angie1101
Penfield, New York
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

We stopped at this hotel while traveling over Thanksgiving. It was snowing and we wanted nothing more than a clean, warm, welcoming place - and we got that and more. There was a manager reception, we got snacks and a drink, and we were chatting in the lobby while it snowed outside. The room was clean and large, and we went swimming in the morning. Great hot breakfast too. No complaints; I wish all hotels were like this one. We'll be back for sure.

Stayed November 2013
Washington, North Carolina
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

This is our fourth stay over 3 years and it has re confirmed our opinion that this "Inn" is the best in class. The reception is flawless including the imported candies on the front desk.

The public space is always spotless and furnished comfortably to welcome a relaxing time of reading or socializing. We arrived on Wednesday and that evening they had a reception with snacks and wine.

The Gentleman that organizes the breakfast service is the best. Last year I had 20 pounds of "Smiths" hot dogs (local super dog), he put them into the freezer for us, very nice of him.

The fitness room is well equipped, the indoor pool is an oasis.

You can be sure you will be surprised when you stay here, we will be back

PS I am a retired Hotelman and this is the best in class

Stayed November 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edinboro
The Seasons Inn at Nick's Place
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Erie
Baymont Inn & Suites Erie
SpringHill Suites Erie
No photo provided
Hilton Garden Inn Erie

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!