“Just like a Marriott property”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Edinboro
Reviewed June 6, 2011

This hotel is beautiful! I was pleasantly surprised, being a Marriott person. It is the only nice hotel in Edinboro, so I wasn't expecting much --- was I wrong!!! The complimentary breakfast hot items were cheese omelets, ham and corned beef hash. I toasted an english muffin, put the cheese omelet on it and a slice of ham. They had bagels, cereals, waffles with strawberries and whipped cream, yogurts, etc... I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: I stayed in Rm. 224 --- great view!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank dobremom

Reviewed April 22, 2011

Beautiful rooms, extremely clean, very nice staff- we couldn't believe how affordable our stay was. Will definitely go back.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 12, 2011

We stay at this hotel many times and I will say its one of the nicest places in Western PA. Rooms are pretty clean other than one time the bedding in the closet for the pull out needed washed but other than that - great! We stay here alot just to get away and for my son to swim in the pool. Breakfast is better than most places but would rather have better eggs and sausage - to much like other hotels - kinda blah. Staff is wonderful and decor is very nice. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 20, 2011

We travelled to the Erie PA area for a couple of nights to so some shopping. We have two teenage kids so we looked for a hotel with an extra bed included. The Comfort Suites in Edinboro fit the bill perfectly. The price was pretty good but it was the extra bed, breakfast included and the location that attracted us. We were not disapointed. The hotel is easy to find just off I-79 at 6N, about 15 minutes from Erie if traveling from the east. We crossed the border at Fort Erie and took I-90 west towards Erie. It was just under 2 hours drive from the border. The check in was friendly, helpful and quick. Our suite was very nice with two queen beds and a pull out sofa bed. It also had fridge and microwave which are handy for multi-night stays. Room was clean and bright with a beautiful view of the surrounding countryside. Free WiFi worked great so my son was happy. There is a small mall just across the road with a Walmart super centre and two gas stations and the town of Edinboro is just down the road. We had breakfast at the hotel both mornings. The breakfast buffet was well stocked and very good. Lots of choices for every taste including egss, sausage, toast, fruit, yogurt, bagels, muffins, waffles etc, etc. The breakfast dining area is quite spacious (unlike some other hotels we've stayed at) with nice views and CNN on the big screen.
For us Canadians who are there for the shopping it is a nice location. As I said, Walmart across the road, but only 15 minutes to the shopping and resaurants of Erie, and 50 minutes down I-79 to Grove city outlet mall. From what we saw there is plenty to do in the surrounding area at a warmer time of year.
We were there two nights and slept well. The staff were all friendly and helpful. We did not use the pool or hot tub since everybody was too tired after a long day shopping. :-)
I would highly recommend this hotel if you are going to be staying in this area.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 1, 2011

My family and I arrived at 1:00am in the morning while traveling to Florida. We were greeted by a wonderful friendly staff dispite the time. Being a family of five it was great to have 2 queen beds and a pull out couch. It was very clean and decorated very well. Did not have a chance to use any of the facility because we left the next morning. The breakfast was good. Great location right off the highway.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 26, 2010

When I think of this chain of hotels, I assume you will get a 3, maybe 4 star stay if you are lucky. This particular Comfort Suites is a 5 star all the way.

Our son graduated from Edinboro Uninversity and that way the reason for our visit. I can't see anyone going to Edinboro just to go. It is a pretty dead town. With that being said, this hotel was really fabolous and a great deal.

We were allowed to check in early at 10:30AM. ALL of the front desk staff were extremely friendly, greeting you when you came and left. The lobby was very nicely decorated for Christmas which gave it a home like feeling.

The room we had was very spacious (2 beds). Bed linen and quality of sleep were excellent. Heater worked great, even with it being 15 outside. We didn't partake in the complimenatry breakfast but I checked it out and it was above par for what you would expect.

There are no restaraunts nearby except for a Perkins. Right next door is a Sheetz which is a nice convience store (think 7-11 on mega steriods with nice employees).

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2010

My family and I spent the night at the Comfort Suites while in town for a funeral.

The hotel rooms were immaculate and spacious. The beds were comfortable and the free breakfast was really a breakfast.

The location was great, easy access to highway, grocery store and fast food.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edinboro
Hampton Inn Meadville
Red Roof Inn Erie
#5 of 38 in Erie
Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel
Baymont Inn & Suites Erie

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!