“Worst experience.. disrepectful staff and poor service”
Review of Trattoria Giuseppe

Trattoria Giuseppe
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Edgemont
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
“Worst experience.. disrepectful staff and poor service”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Too long of a wait even though had reservations. The waiter forgot about the majority of the night. Our food was cold and we offered fresh grated cheese for our pasta and never brought it back.. the waiter did not even acknowledge my husband at the table with almost walking away before he ordered. Don't ask for drinks! He returned with ice tea and threw them on the table almost spilling them.. the worst part of the evening..the waiter stood over my husband and watched him with payment and tipping and my husband gave him 15% and the guy still was rude.. not a classy italian place at all! And if ur italian, u know what real italy is.. its a joke and will never return there.

Chesterfield, New Jersey
“Could be much better if owner sweated the details”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Let's be honest, something is right when you always have people waiting and had you to do a renovation to expand seating for your restaurant. They have good food at reasonable prices and it is a BYOB. I'm conflicted a bit with the place because service is so-so, its loud and seating can be very tight, despite it being a decent sized place (they pack you in to make $). Also you are rushed in and out of this place. Overall the food is quite good, though the best dish I had here was the first time I came and was a special, Braciole (I never saw it again sadly). We go here a few times a year when I visit my parents, and I usually get chicken or veal parmigiana, though honestly I have had better Italian food. Portions are pretty large here. You need to look at the situation though, the place is a BYOB in the 'burbs where there aren't many, it has good Italian food, and prices are reasonable. If you don't mind the noise call ahead to ensure that you aren't waiting too long, though if you don't live in the immediate area I wouldn't rush to visit Giuseppe. I honestly would go much more but I find myself hesitant mostly around the noise and intangibles associated with the restaurant.

Visited November 2012
Havertown, Pennsylvania, United States
“frequent visitor”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

have been going here since they opened, despite the wait , food is good, service is good, but you must, i repete, you must look over your check, the person that does the check, does not check that you have been charged the correct price for the food you received, most of the time you are overcharged , no sorry no explaniation, so beware, other wise make a reservation especially on the weekend,

• Visited December 2012
Broomall, Pennsylvania
“Wedding at Trattoria Giuseppe”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We have been regulars at Trattoria for the last few years and have never had a meal we didn't thoroughly enjoy. We love this restaurant so much that we decided to hold our wedding and reception there. On October 20, 2012 we were married on the balcony in the Giancarloroom. Everything was exactly as we had hoped. Our guests raved about the food. Our special thanks to the chef for the added touches to the appetizers which made them look very festive. All thirty-four lunches were served at the same time, piping hot and delicious. The staff were very attentive and did a fantastic job. Our special thanks to Giuseppe, Alex and Polly for overseeing everything to guarantee that our day was perfect.
Rich and Pat Taylor

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Patricia T
Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania
“Good food which left a bad taste in my mouth due to poor service.”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We had an anniversary party for my parents on a Sunday afternoon. We were asked to bring the wine, favors and seating arrangements the night before so they could set everythng up for the following day. We arrived and a man I had been told was the owner came to us. I introduced myself and told him I was having a party the next day. He saw my husband holding a case of wine and said, "Oh". He opened a locked area and pointed to a spot to put the wine. My husband did so, then the owner, never saying another word, turned around and walked away not to be seen again. We were left holding favors and seating arrangements not knowing what to do. We spoke with the receptionist and left the seating arrangements with her and just brought the favors back home with us. We arrived early the next day to put out the favors. The room was lovely and set up beautifully. We had seating cards for everyone and all went well until 2 of our guests arrived late. They were to be seated at a table "4" which was supposed to seat 8, but only had 6 seats which were all taken. My guests stood there awkardly as I tried to find other seating for them. I went to the waitress and told them they were supposed to be seated at Table 4, but she responded extremely annoyed, that it doesn't matter what table it is. By this point, another family member had gotten a different waitress to get extra chairs to seat them at their already full table. Instead of apologizing to me and my guests for their obvious mistake, the waitress came to me and asked me if my family had switched the table numbers! Our package included soda and iced tea with dinner, yet we were never offered it with dinner. We had a sweets table with trays of cookies. One of my family members came to me to tell me that one of the waiters had just shoved his pockets full of cookies. When I looked up at the sweets table, I saw a waitress helping herself to them. This all being said, all of my guests enjoyed the food as it was very good.
However, there are many other places that have good food that would have given better and more polite service . No food is worth the upset of being treated poorly. I will never have another event there again.

• Visited November 2012