“Budget Travel For People With Pets”

The Cottage Restaurant and Red Carpet Inn and Suites
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Ebensburg
Nutley, New Jersey
“Budget Travel For People With Pets”
Reviewed May 26, 2012

I found the Red Carpet Inn and Suites perfect for my needs. I needed a hotel/motel near Portage, PA that accepted dogs and Red Carpet fit the bill. We had a nice room with everything we needed near an exit to walk the dog. Continental breakfast was adequate. The Cottage Restaurant offered delicious food at reasonable prices.

Room Tip: If you have a pet, ask for a room near the field so you can walk your dog.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 10, 2012

We recently stayed at the Red Carpet Inn, It's close to St. Francis University and it was all that we could get on graduation weekend. Upon first arrival, I noticed that all of the outer security readers by the doors were torn off with wires hanging. The room was old, dingy, not very nice. The bathroom was 1960's and was clean enough to use, not impressive in the least. The security reader to get in the room usually took 3 tries to get it to work. The bedding was clean, believe me I checked in a place like that. There was never anyone at the front desk, when I checked out I just left the key on the desk.

The bar was kinda seedy, a couple of drunks stopped my wife and I as we walked thru, one gentleman came close to a knuckle sandwich. My wife made me walk out the back door and around the building so we didn't see that idiot again.

I listened to loud talking in the hallways and doors slamming ALL NIGHT! I was glad to get up and out. The hallway smelled like nicotine alley.

Would I stay there again ... only if it were the last place in Ebensburgh available ... huh, that's how we ended up there this time. They are playing on university traffic ect, if it weren't for that I am guessing it would be empty.

Room Tip: Pick a room in a different hotel, Comfort Inn is right down the road.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank hotrod53

Travelers are raving about these Ebensburg hotels

las vegas
Reviewed March 10, 2012

I stayed here under the recommendation of a friend who was getting married in the area. She had blocked rooms at this place without walking the property.
Let's start by saying, a truck stop would have felt safer. There were three grown women sharing our room and still felt it necessary to put the coffee table against the door to ensure safety.
When we arrived and checked in there were a construction workers boots left in our room. The room did not have screens on the windows, we felt the need to air out the smell of the room.
There was hair left in the shower, holes in the walls where pictures used to hang, burnt lamp shades. We slept in our jackets.
The restaurant and bar closed at 8 pm on a Friday night, and they were not open by noon on Saturday.
It looks to me that is family run and they are not used to a high volume of people. Their clientele appears to be construction workers and hourly renters. Lastly, the curtain does not cover the entire window that peers into your room.

• Stayed April 2011
4 Thank stacie m
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stayed at this facility for 1 brief hour before checking out because I was horrified at the smell and general lack of cleanliness of the room. In addition to the appliances being unplugged, the room was filthy. I promptly checked out and when the front desk person asked if I didn't like my room, I was suprised this would be her first reaction if this wasn't a frequent complaint. Never even attempt to stay there...

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank jenright22
RCIS, Owner at The Cottage Restaurant and Red Carpet Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 14, 2011
I find this review to be very suspicious considering we didn't have any incidents like this occur at the property. I am here 24-7 and not once was I told a customer checked b/c they thought it was filthy. If it was so disgusting why wouldn't you turn around and go back to the front desk? Why would you sit there for an hour? All of our guests are welcome to check rooms before checking in as long as there is an employee to walk them to the room for sanitation reasons.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed July 25, 2011

The Red Carpet Inn and Suites is an place to stay....has all the essentials including very comfortable beds.. BUT it has one other unusual factor in its favor.....its helpful staff....recently I stayed there and needed housekeeping to come for a stupid reason on my part (couldn't figure out to turn on the light...it was unplugged)...they were there within two minutes! But better than that, when I checked out I left my extra set of car keys in the room...the next day I got a phone call letting me know they had been found and would be sent out in the mail even though I offered to have a family member pick them up and mail them to me since I live out of state. If you are used to staying in a five star hotel, then the Red Carpet may not be for you...but you want friendly, helpful, and honest people trying to make your stay a pleasant one, look no further!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mellybelly51
RCIS, Owner at The Cottage Restaurant and Red Carpet Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 10, 2011
Thank You for your honest response! We look forward to seeing you again!
Bangor, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 19, 2011

Value was good. Rooms were clean. Restaurant next door had good food and beer.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
RCIS, Manager at The Cottage Restaurant and Red Carpet Inn and Suites, responded to this review, May 12, 2011
Thank You for your positive review! The Cottage Restaurant is under new management. :)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 24, 2010

We checked in with a group of people late at night and the check in process was quick and the staff was friendly. We had a few minor problems, but once we called to the front desk about the issues the manager Seema took care of them immediately. They also have a restaraunt connected to the motel that serves good food and drinks. We will definately stay here again. I dont know about the other reviews, but they must have done some kind of remodeling because we did not run into any of the issues as stated in the other reviews.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ebensburg
Quality Inn
Comfort Inn Duncansville - Altoona
No photo provided
Lake Inn
#1 of 1 in Ebensburg

Been to The Cottage Restaurant and Red Carpet Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!