The Cottage Restaurant and Red Carpet Inn and Suites
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Ebensburg
las vegas
“Never again!”
Reviewed March 10, 2012

I stayed here under the recommendation of a friend who was getting married in the area. She had blocked rooms at this place without walking the property.
Let's start by saying, a truck stop would have felt safer. There were three grown women sharing our room and still felt it necessary to put the coffee table against the door to ensure safety.
When we arrived and checked in there were a construction workers boots left in our room. The room did not have screens on the windows, we felt the need to air out the smell of the room.
There was hair left in the shower, holes in the walls where pictures used to hang, burnt lamp shades. We slept in our jackets.
The restaurant and bar closed at 8 pm on a Friday night, and they were not open by noon on Saturday.
It looks to me that is family run and they are not used to a high volume of people. Their clientele appears to be construction workers and hourly renters. Lastly, the curtain does not cover the entire window that peers into your room.

• Stayed April 2011
4 Thank stacie m

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stayed at this facility for 1 brief hour before checking out because I was horrified at the smell and general lack of cleanliness of the room. In addition to the appliances being unplugged, the room was filthy. I promptly checked out and when the front desk person asked if I didn't like my room, I was suprised this would be her first reaction if this wasn't a frequent complaint. Never even attempt to stay there...

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank jenright22
RCIS, Owner at The Cottage Restaurant and Red Carpet Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 14, 2011
I find this review to be very suspicious considering we didn't have any incidents like this occur at the property. I am here 24-7 and not once was I told a customer checked b/c they thought it was filthy. If it was so disgusting why wouldn't you turn around and go back to the front desk? Why would you sit there for an hour? All of our guests are welcome to check rooms before checking in as long as there is an employee to walk them to the room for sanitation reasons.

Travelers are raving about these Ebensburg hotels

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed July 25, 2011

The Red Carpet Inn and Suites is an place to stay....has all the essentials including very comfortable beds.. BUT it has one other unusual factor in its favor.....its helpful staff....recently I stayed there and needed housekeeping to come for a stupid reason on my part (couldn't figure out to turn on the light...it was unplugged)...they were there within two minutes! But better than that, when I checked out I left my extra set of car keys in the room...the next day I got a phone call letting me know they had been found and would be sent out in the mail even though I offered to have a family member pick them up and mail them to me since I live out of state. If you are used to staying in a five star hotel, then the Red Carpet may not be for you...but you want friendly, helpful, and honest people trying to make your stay a pleasant one, look no further!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mellybelly51
RCIS, Owner at The Cottage Restaurant and Red Carpet Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 10, 2011
Thank You for your honest response! We look forward to seeing you again!
Bangor, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 19, 2011

Value was good. Rooms were clean. Restaurant next door had good food and beer.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
RCIS, Manager at The Cottage Restaurant and Red Carpet Inn and Suites, responded to this review, May 12, 2011
Thank You for your positive review! The Cottage Restaurant is under new management. :)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 24, 2010

We checked in with a group of people late at night and the check in process was quick and the staff was friendly. We had a few minor problems, but once we called to the front desk about the issues the manager Seema took care of them immediately. They also have a restaraunt connected to the motel that serves good food and drinks. We will definately stay here again. I dont know about the other reviews, but they must have done some kind of remodeling because we did not run into any of the issues as stated in the other reviews.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Indiana, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 5, 2010

It was my girlfriends parents 30th anniversary, so we made reservations for 10 to have a nice dinner. When we got there they had 1 waitress, who was also the bartender. She took our orders. 2 hours later we still didn't get our meals. We had a 18 month old and a 2 year old with us. They had to eat crackers and chips because they were so hungry. When we finally got our food it was wrong, my daughter didn't even get her meal. The steaks were burnt BLACK the cocktail sauce was literally frozen. My meatballs were red in the meddle, not pink, red.The pizza wasn't done. Everything was wrong. When we got our bill we were charged full price for everything (including my daughters meal which we never recieved). We asked to speak to a manager. The owner came over and said she'd take 10% off. Wow, thanks. The waitress was crying. We just walked out. I will never go back there ever.Worst 3 hours of my life.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank jwargo89
Our product are were bought pre-cooked at this time, so I question how the meatballs were pink. We are/were fully staffed during this summer. If the owner had indeed cam over to speak to you they would have been VERY generous and apologetic.

The restaurant now has new managers and is no longer affiliated with hotel. It has been completely re-done and has a new menu and staff.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 28, 2010

This is the worst hotel I've stayed in since my college days when a group of us would all pitch in a few dollars to pay for the cheapest hotel we could find during spring break.

I was surprised there was not an hourly rate listed for the place. It smells moldy from the moment you enter the lobby and the furniture has not been updated since the 1970s. There is no elevator so I had to drag my suitcase up a winding staircase to my second floor room.

The room smelled like the lobby and furniture was just as shabby. The only bright spots were that the front desk worker was friendly and the shower worked well. Frankly, we got stuck here because the Comfort Inn was full.

I would recommend that you skip this place and stay in another town close by if the Comfort Inn is not available. It's a real dump!!!!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank LML10
RCIS, Manager at The Cottage Restaurant and Red Carpet Inn and Suites, responded to this review, November 15, 2010
We unfortunately do not have an elevator as stated on our reservation page, the desk clerk will gladly assist anyone with luggage if needed. If requested we would have made sure you had a room on the first floor. We also try to air out our lobby and rooms when the weather permits us to. We also use smoke screen to eliminate odors. As far decor goes everyone has their opinion and if and when we renovate the lobby, the decor will be updated.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ebensburg
Quality Inn
Hampton Inn Altoona
Hampton Inn Altoona
#1 of 15 in Altoona
Comfort Inn Duncansville - Altoona

Been to The Cottage Restaurant and Red Carpet Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!