“Ummmmyyyyy Breakfast”

Everyday Gourmet & Fine Foods
Ranked #1 of 29 Restaurants in Ebensburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We are committed to excellence and we have a truly talented staff. We want every guests experience at Everyday Gourmet to be a great one! We do not take food for granted and we do not take our patrons for granted. We know that quality product will get people in the door, but that quality service will bring them back!
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Absolutely, the best breakfast in the area. I get their breakfast sandwich. Hands down!!! Great Coffee too.

Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

We could not asked for a better 1st visit. Great service, food and dessert! I was very happy with Cesar salad wrap and fries along with cinnamon bun for dessert. The menu has a lot of options for such a small place. We will return!

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Very good food. The menu offers a different twist. The atmosphere is very relaxing. Loved the fresh cut chips.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

On 10/26, on a recent visit to Ebensburg, we had dinner at Everyday Gourmet. I must say I have never had citrus mashed potatoes and was a little skeptical but have to admit they were great. I had pecan crusted grouper with citrus mashed potatoes and a mandarin champagne cocktail. I loved it. I wish Everyday Gourmet was closer to Pittsburgh. The vanilla caramel crunch cake was pretty yummy too. My compliments to the chef and to our lovely waitress. Thanks for the great evening.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Everyday Gourmet is one of those places that I'm always hoping to find when I'm rambling through the hinterlands, but rarely serendipity across. It's got good food with local flavour, figuratively and literally. I spotted the joint as I was driving through Ebensburg after sleeping in my rental car by the side of the road overnight (too cheap to pay for a hotel.) It's popular enough that the woman who co-owns the place was letting people in even before the opening hour of 7 a.m. I read other reviewers' complaints about the service, but all I can say is that she was chatty with me and others who came in about food and local events -- great hospitality. The breakfast choices aren't particularly gourmet -- sandwiches and later-in-the-day items seem more sophisticated -- but my eggs, sausage and home fries were prepared quickly and just as I ordered.

The most interesting thing was the "gob." As I was paying and admiring the desserts in the cold case up front, the co-owner said "You should try the gob. It's my grandmother's recipe. It's made with lard." She whips lard, butter, vanilla and other ingredients like it was cake icing, then slaps a mound of this thicker-than-Cool-Whip stuff between two slices of house-made chocolate cake. It's like a Pennsylvania Dutch version of a Hostess Suzy-Q or a Southern Whoopee Pie. You'd never now it was made with lard -- no greasy film on the roof of your mouth, nice sweet flavour. I'd never eat one again -- it IS lard, after all -- but I love finding unusual local foods like that.

1  Thank Bukko_Canukko