“GREAT hotel!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ebensburg
Reviewed June 8, 2014

I stay here frequently. One of the best around. Great prices, great service, great breakfast. No complaints at all. They even have free parking, how can you go wrong with that?

The breakfast is a hot breakfast. They have coffee all day.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eric d

Reviewed April 28, 2014

This Comfort Inn touts itself as an "Award Winning" motel. I think not. The Internet connection within the motel is very good, but the connection speed from the provider is very slooooowww. There was no HBO for three days.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Stayed here before!! Excellent Hotel and BEST Price in the area!! Great Value!! Courtney and Tai were very helpful at check in!! Very appreciative and engaging with Great conversation!! Nice too see that!! Most Hotels service not as good!! T,V, Channels good Internet good spacious rooms also!!

Room Tip: Have your AAA card and get a discount !! They will work with on the rate if there is availability! J...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 30, 2014

We chose this hotel because it was close to where my family lives. We had an early check in. We unpacked in the room and only had a window of an hour to enjoy the pool. I went to the pool while my husband stayed behind. When returning back to the room, he informed me that we did not get the king suite with a wall separating the living area. What we got was a living area with a slated panel dividing.
I called the front desk to explain and the girl said she could not help me and that she was not authorized to change our rooms. I was appauled. I have never heard anything like that. I immeately called the Choice Hotel Customer Service number and filed a complaint. Upon checking out the next morning, the person sho I had spoke to when realizing the room was not correct, checked me out. She NEVER ONCE asked about the stay, appologized or even acknowleged me. I was furrious. After traveling back home, I called the 800 # again and told them what had happened at check out. Two days later I received an email from the general manager who refunded my money. Then she said I shold verify my reservation when I get the email comfirmation. I did do that, in fact I had questions about the email and called that day and was assured everything was in place.
I emailed the manager back to let her know that my husband and I travel extensively and are senior contributors to Trip Advisor. We do our homework when chosing a hotel to stay and have 3 hotel stays in the next few months.
Most times we stay in Marriot or Hilton properties and we get the best service and are treated as guests not outsiders.
I will never reccomend this hotel to any family or friends. From now on, we will stay at the Hampton Inn or Courtyard Altoona like we have in the past. It may be 15 miles further, but well worth it!
The rooms are have dated cabinets and desks, the business center is in a locked room and you have to get the key from the front desk. When you do go to the room, it is a small desk, one computer, a couch and a chair. Hardly a business center!
They also charge 1.50 for the safe even if not used, so be aware at check out and tell them to take the charge off. This is NOT N.Y.C. where I expect to be charged.
Safe yourself the hassle and stay in Altoona. Many hotels to chose from!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Brian03
Reviewed January 1, 2014

If there is draw back is that the business center hasnt been up and running for a while. The breakfast is always pretty good or at least what I expect for a comfort inn. Location is excellent , noise levels usually very good. Front end check in staff very good with good knowledge of the area. Nice location with your choice of places to eat , Off the Rak, Wendys, Kostas and more. Grocery and Gas station close by also. My Choice Hotel when I am anywhere in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank IsupportRonPaul
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Since we first stayed at this Comfort Inn it has become "our place" to stay now when visiting family in the area. Upon check-in be sure to advise that you don't want the safe in the room if you have no need for it or you are charged for it. If you notice it after check-in when checking out just let them know that you had no need for it and they are quick to adjust the amount. Our recent stay was about as good as our others but this visit did have a little bit of unpleasantness. The room was on the second floor right across from the ice machine and vending area. I would not recommend staying in this room on the front side of hotel (211) due to being able to hear people talking in hall waiting for elevator, vending area and the general noise of traffic in the area. We have always found the rooms to be well cleaned and such was the case with this stay. The beds slept well and we had plenty of pillows. Our bathroom was clean, we had lots of room for necessities and the water pressure was strong. The frig was cool and the microwave worked well with warming up left over foods. The TV had lots of channels to choose from and displayed a nice picture. The table and chairs aided great with three children who wanted to "snack" about all the time. The breakfast menu was about like most other hotels with lots of carb items but did have hot eggs and sausage. The items were kept stocked well and the lady taking care of dining area was quick to wipe down the tables after someone left. There are small shopping stores very close to this hotel, a WalMart just down the road and a Wendy's you can walk to from the hotel. There are other eating places nearby as well. There are no high end dept. stores that we have found but there is a nice mall with Belk, Sears, etc. about fifteen minutes away in Johnstown. The parking area extends around the hotel on one side to the back and was well lighted.

Room Tip: Rooms on front side of hotel near elevator/vending area have noise you can hear from inside your roo...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We arrived fairly late on a Saturday evening without reservations but happily there was one room remaining. The young ladies checking us in were great, the room was fine, and the breakfast was fine. I must have missed it when initialing the various places on the check-in sheet, but after getting home and looking over my bill I was charged $1.50 for the in-room safe. I have never before been charged for a safe, and we didn't use it. I emailed the manager asking that the charge be credited back but it took a phone call several days later to get this done. I would definitely recommend this hotel - just be sure to check your bill.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MoseleyPaddler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ebensburg
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn and Suites
#6 of 7 in Johnstown
Wingate by Wyndham Altoona
Comfort Inn Duncansville - Altoona

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!