WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ebensburg
Phoenixville, PA
“Had a nice weekend!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

My boyfriend and I just stayed at the Comfort Inn in Ebensburg. He goes to Saint Francis University so it was a close commute. The hotel was very nice and our room was much larger than expected. We had a king size bed that was separated from another section in the room with a desk and small sofa. The bathroom was the perfect size. The hotel staff were extremely friendly. There is free breakfast in the morning and it was just perfect. There was a good variety of food but not too much. Also, free coffee and tea all day! The only issue we ran into was that they charged my credit card for two nights instead of one and we are still trying to sort that out. Also, there is sadly no room service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LinaBlink

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Erwin, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

This was my first time staying at a Comfort Inn but this one was recommended by a family member so I decided to give it a try. I am not sorry and in fact am glad that I have found another pet friendly hotel that I can now choose from. From the moment of check-in the desk clerk, Edward, couldn't have been more helpful or nicer. Our room was neat and clean and met our expectations in every way. The queen size beds slept great. The bathroom was a nice size but the bathtub was a little smaller than most we have had. I think this is an older hotel but it has either been remodeled or kept up very well. We had a small refrigerator and microwave which helped to keep drinks/water cold. The flat screen TV was nice but there wasn't a lot of channels to choose from but we didn't watch a lot of TV so that wasn't a problem. The ice machine and laundry room where right around the cornor from our room which made it easy also. The elevator in the hotel is one of the faster ones which was another plus. The dining area was very clean and bigger than some hotels I have stayed at. The breakfast menu was like most with muffins, bagels, ceral, waffles, juices, coffee, etc. the lady keeping the dining area stocked was quick to wipe tables as soon as someone left. We were there after a snow storm about a week or two before with temp. in the 20's to 30 which didn't allow the snow and ice to melt. The check-in area was cleared for unloading and loading baggage but the parking lot was still covered with snow to the point you couldn't make out where the parking spots where so people parked in a straight line. I feel the hotel management could have done a better job at making sure the parking lot was cleared better for safety reasons. The heated pool area and gym area was nice and clean, the heated pool was a def. plus for the children on this trip. There is a Wendy's right next door if someone wants a late night snack or meal there. Right behind the hotel are some shopping stores and about a mile down the road is a 24 hour Walmart. The area felt and looked safe. We stayed a total of three nights and did not want our room entered while we were not there. I received a note the night before checking out that it was a policy that the rooms had to be cleaned every two days and asked what would be a good time to clean the next day, well since we were checking out I didn't bother with answering but had I have been staying longer this would have been a problem. I don't mind sleeping on the same sheets for a few days and when away do not want anyone in my room and when I go somewhere to stay at a hotel I am usually not in the room but out and about so this would have been a problem for me. I feel this policy should be changed and if someone wants room service then they can call for it, the "Do not distrub" sign is on the door for a reason. I will be staying here again when visiting relatives and would recommend this hotel to anyone that is going to be in or around the Altoona, Johnstown, Lorreto or surrounding areas.

Room Tip: On the third floor the ice machine is right across the hall from rooms and when you are getting ice...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Luvsweeniedogs
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

This is one of the friendliest and best-run properties I have encountered in a long time.
From check-in to check-out, I felt as if I was a guest in someone's home rather than at a hotel.
Rooms and bathrooms are clean and well-maintained.
Choice Privileges members get a little goody bag at check-in that took the edge off a long drive to Ebensburg.
The self-service Coffee Bar is well-stocked and monitored for replacement of items and features tea and hot chocolate.
I only got to have the complimentary breakfast on Sunday morning, but Jodi, who was running the area, made me feel like I was an old friend.
All the staff, including Jessica (who checked me in), Caitlin (who helped me with a TV issue), Keri, and Lynn (who checked me out) were noteworthy for their welcoming attitude and helpfulness.
No question that I will stay there when I return to the Ebensburg area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank BMC_at_MCA
Sagamore Hills, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

I've stayed her a few times now and the rooms are always clean. The front desk personnel are pleasant and helpful. They have a nice breakfast bar area with a good selection of foods and the staff is nice there too. Overall, a nice place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Judi D
North Ridgeville, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

I've stayed at this inn many times over the past years. The room are alway clean. The staff friendly and helpful. My most recent stay, November 2012, was an extra treat. The hotel had been remodled and made non-smoking. Everything seemed even cleaner. The breakfast bar was excellent with a large selection of foods.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank RICHARD L
Jessup, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

I am a frequent guest of the Comfort Inn, having stayed there for business and pleasure. Rooms have always been clean and comfortable. Staff are always friendly, smiling, and helpful. Location fits perfectly for my needs, however, lack of any sights or any variety of restaurants nearby is a drawback. Breakfast area is sometimes crowded and contains the standard "Choice" menu items. Since I was here last there seems to have been some remodeling and updating to the premises. Nice touch.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank iasfene
Knoxville, Tennessee, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

Have stayed here several times. Room is clean. Bedding clean and comfortable. Staff could be better trained as the check out was a nightmare. Also, they charge $1.00 a page for incoming and outgoing faxes which is complementary just about everywhere else we stay for business. Not much else around within 30 miles. Wal Mart just down street. Several restaurants nearby.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank tozpa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ebensburg
Quality Inn and Suites
Clarion Inn & Suites
Clarion Inn & Suites
#5 of 12 in Altoona
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Altoona

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!