“Has changed drastically”

Steve's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #78 of 276 Restaurants in Easton
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Emmaus, Pennsylvania
“Has changed drastically”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Was here some time ago the food then was very good now it is not good at all had the chicken parm chicken tasted like it was frozen and the portions are smaller and the service is poor at best these folks need to straighten up and take care of the customer.

3 Thank traveler457700

Easton, PA
“Steve's Slop House”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

Went here, last Friday, the first time in ten years. Our experience ten years ago was terrible and nothing has changed. Wife ordered veal saltimbocca and I ordered meat lasagna. Also ordered two glasses of dry Pinot Grigio. The wine we received was neither Pinot Grigio nor dry and was awful. Veal saltimbocca was served before my meat lasagna. Wife waited to eat and after 15 minutes I urged her to go ahead. she said, "Worst veal saltimbocca I have had in over forty years." After about 20 minutes my lasagna was brought to the table. I took a bite and almost gagged since it was ice cold. It was obviously fresh from the freezer and they did not even bother to try to disguise the fact by cooking it. Anyway back to the kitchen and another 20 minutes passed before my gelatinous, awful and only warm lasagna reappeared. It should have been sent to the garbage. I do not know how anyone could rate this food as good. There are many excellent italian restaurants in the Lehigh Valley. Clearly, Steve's Slop House is not one of them. Save your money and taste buds for a better experience elsewhere.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank paul16
Piscataway, New Jersey
“Favorite Spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

My husband's family began going here years ago and his nostalgia for the place brought us there when we were dating. It became a favorite spot of ours, and all these years later we continue to go. The food is delicious whether you want pizza or an Italian style dinner specialty. The service is always friendly & the atmosphere inviting. We just love Steve's!!

1 Thank MaryMcG_11
Easton
“Good Drink ... comfort food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

Steve's can be counted on for consistent quality of food and a good drink. They are very accomodating since we often run in to a group of friends at the last minute and like to sit together. Parking is easy in the back with a door right there.

Visited January 2013
New York City, New York
“Great Italian "Diner".....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

Staff is friendly and attentive. The restaurant is not upscale but "mom and pop" like. The food is consistently good. Pizza is just as good, if not better than any pizza I have eaten and I am a native New Yorker.

Great little find.

• Visited September 2012

Been to Steve's Italian Restaurant? Share your experiences!