“We'll be back!”

Marblehead Chowder House
Reserve with OpenTable
Marblehead Chowder House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 301 Restaurants in Easton
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: To make reservations, please visit us on Open Table! Founded in 1996 the ideas for the Marblehead Chowder House were actually hatched a few years before. Sitting at "The Barnacle," overlooking Marblehead Harbor one raw winter day, while the spume from the rough saltwater painted the windows and the Sam Adams Lager flowed freely, a concept was born. Casual, coastal and cozy - fresh seafood, fin fish, shellfish and hearty chowders in a warm, relaxing atmosphere that says "seaside" - a place that had tradition, patriotism, and a New England heritage about it. Fresh ingredients, house-made soups and chowders, comfort food with a twist freshly prepared to order were all musts! Features unique to New England were the foundation - Ipswich Belly Clams (aka steamers, softshells, pissers), fresh Lobster Roll, a Raw Bar with half-shell oysters and clams and, of course, live Lobsters arriving regularly. Authenticity was crucial - only without the sea breeze, gulls and scent of saltwater. Lighthouses and other nautical decor highlight the ambience to create a coastal dining experience like none other in the greater Lehigh Valley. Our mission is to provide a great place for our employees to work, enabling them to prepare and serve delicious food in a warm, friendly and efficient manner. We want to assure you, our guest, of a memorable visit and encourage you to tell your friends and return often. Your satisfaction is guaranteed or we will make suitable amends.
Reviewed August 14, 2014

We always have enjoyed Marblehead. Atmosphere is great, food almost always good. Wait staff is exceptional; friendly, knowledgable, patient and helpful. Some things on the menu are exceptional, once in a while not quite to our taste, but definitely worth going back to try everything! Their marketing is genius, with their club membership with benefits, birthday and anniversary discounts, email announcements, themed days, coupons, deals and games. It keeps us coming back again and again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,189)

Reviewed August 14, 2014

I dont know which was more delicious, the lobster pie that I enjoyed or the warm lobster roll my wife had. Never have we had a bad meal or service. This is seafood heaven on the William Penn Highway in Easton PA.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

Good food. Warm and friendly atmosphere. Moderately priced and obviously under great management. One of our favorite places that we visit frequently.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

This is a delightful and well organized establishment.
Our server Jordan was a very helpful and energetic person. In fact all the servers here are pre-screened for helpful and friendly. It's the company standard.
The building is nicely decorated in the New England seaside cottage look.
The special soup of the day was New England clam chowder AKA Boston style. It tasted just right with a sweet milky broth. Alas, try as I might I could not find a single clam in this clam chowder.
When my server stopped by I quietly mentioned the missing clams, and would she please slip a few in for me. She returned to confess that last evening's cook forgot to add the clams! I was glad that I had arrived early to give them a heads up.
They substituted the seafood chowder and it had some seafood in it, but was more thick and creamy.
Our appetizer was the lobster risotto balls. They were tasty but didn't have much lobster. At $10 for 5, this was a huge profit maker.
The baked crab Norfolk was very good, but pricey. It came with two sides, the salad and sauteed asparagus were tasty.
The regular order of fried clams was impressive. These were easily the biggest and freshest clams ever. The baked potato was under cooked, and the coleslaw had too much sugar.
Despite some shortcomings on this day, I would return here without hesitation. With a full parking lot before 5 PM, they are doing something right.
Reservations are recommended.

1  Thank bobemac
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Marblehead is an excellent restaurant. The particular visit that I made two weeks ago centered on friends and family. The food was fabulous, well prepared, and the staff was well trained to be kind and to present the meals as perfectly served. I love the lobster bisque soup and any lobster dish. A great place to meet friends, I eat here weekly and on special occasions.