“The Mystery of the Missing Clams”

Marblehead Chowder House
Reserve with OpenTable
Marblehead Chowder House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 278 Restaurants in Easton
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: To make reservations, please visit us on Open Table! Founded in 1996 the ideas for the Marblehead Chowder House were actually hatched a few years before. Sitting at "The Barnacle," overlooking Marblehead Harbor one raw winter day, while the spume from the rough saltwater painted the windows and the Sam Adams Lager flowed freely, a concept was born. Casual, coastal and cozy - fresh seafood, fin fish, shellfish and hearty chowders in a warm, relaxing atmosphere that says "seaside" - a place that had tradition, patriotism, and a New England heritage about it. Fresh ingredients, house-made soups and chowders, comfort food with a twist freshly prepared to order were all musts! Features unique to New England were the foundation - Ipswich Belly Clams (aka steamers, softshells, pissers), fresh Lobster Roll, a Raw Bar with half-shell oysters and clams and, of course, live Lobsters arriving regularly. Authenticity was crucial - only without the sea breeze, gulls and scent of saltwater. Lighthouses and other nautical decor highlight the ambience to create a coastal dining experience like none other in the greater Lehigh Valley. Our mission is to provide a great place for our employees to work, enabling them to prepare and serve delicious food in a warm, friendly and efficient manner. We want to assure you, our guest, of a memorable visit and encourage you to tell your friends and return often. Your satisfaction is guaranteed or we will make suitable amends.
San Antonio, Texas
“The Mystery of the Missing Clams”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

This is a delightful and well organized establishment.
Our server Jordan was a very helpful and energetic person. In fact all the servers here are pre-screened for helpful and friendly. It's the company standard.
The building is nicely decorated in the New England seaside cottage look.
The special soup of the day was New England clam chowder AKA Boston style. It tasted just right with a sweet milky broth. Alas, try as I might I could not find a single clam in this clam chowder.
When my server stopped by I quietly mentioned the missing clams, and would she please slip a few in for me. She returned to confess that last evening's cook forgot to add the clams! I was glad that I had arrived early to give them a heads up.
They substituted the seafood chowder and it had some seafood in it, but was more thick and creamy.
Our appetizer was the lobster risotto balls. They were tasty but didn't have much lobster. At $10 for 5, this was a huge profit maker.
The baked crab Norfolk was very good, but pricey. It came with two sides, the salad and sauteed asparagus were tasty.
The regular order of fried clams was impressive. These were easily the biggest and freshest clams ever. The baked potato was under cooked, and the coleslaw had too much sugar.
Despite some shortcomings on this day, I would return here without hesitation. With a full parking lot before 5 PM, they are doing something right.
Reservations are recommended.

1 Thank bobemac

“Excellent Restaurant ”
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Marblehead is an excellent restaurant. The particular visit that I made two weeks ago centered on friends and family. The food was fabulous, well prepared, and the staff was well trained to be kind and to present the meals as perfectly served. I love the lobster bisque soup and any lobster dish. A great place to meet friends, I eat here weekly and on special occasions.

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good food at a reasonable price”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

My wife and I eat at the Marblehead at least once a week. We go there for the good food, friendly staff and relaxed atmosphere.

Allentown, PA
“A Night Out”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We received a gift card for Marblehead. I ordered the lobster bisque and it was very disappointing. Our service was very slow and the food really was not that good. It was too pricey for the quality and service. We will not return.

• Visited June 2014
MarbleheadEastonPA, Owner at Marblehead Chowder House, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Jadebabe -

Thank you for visiting Marblehead Chowder House and taking time to comment on your experience. I want to apologize on behalf of the entire Marblehead Chowder House crew. We work extremely hard at guest satisfaction and have been very popular and busy for over 18 years. I am personally very sorry that your visit was so unsatisfactory. I would like to invite you back as our guests to show that we can indeed do much better, satisfying nearly 2,000 guests each week. Please send an email to my attention at contact_us@marbleheadchowderhouse.com, I would like to send you an apology and gift card to return. As disappointing as it is to read, thank you again for bringing your experience to our attention and we hope that you will give Marblehead Chowder House another chance again in the future, as my guests.

Apologies and appreciation,

Cap'n Clawed Lobster, Crew’s Director
Marblehead Chowder House
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
“Always a Pleasure”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Our family had another fantastic dinner at the Marblehead this evening. We have dinner there at least two or three times a month. In fact this restaurant is the only one we go to. The restaurant is exceptionally clean, the staff is one of the most courteous, knowledgeable staffs we have ever met. Going to the Marblehead is like going on vacation. You drive up and see a restaurant like you would see in Maryland. Immaculately clean outside as well as inside. Any decision you make for dinner is always cooked to perfection. After dinner you leave with the feeling you have had another memorable experience. Just like a vacation, you cannot wait to return. Thank you from our family to yours.

2 Thank sandra m