“Very Good Seafood”

Marblehead Chowder House
Reserve with OpenTable
Marblehead Chowder House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 276 Restaurants in Easton
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: To make reservations, please visit us on Open Table! Founded in 1996 the ideas for the Marblehead Chowder House were actually hatched a few years before. Sitting at "The Barnacle," overlooking Marblehead Harbor one raw winter day, while the spume from the rough saltwater painted the windows and the Sam Adams Lager flowed freely, a concept was born. Casual, coastal and cozy - fresh seafood, fin fish, shellfish and hearty chowders in a warm, relaxing atmosphere that says "seaside" - a place that had tradition, patriotism, and a New England heritage about it. Fresh ingredients, house-made soups and chowders, comfort food with a twist freshly prepared to order were all musts! Features unique to New England were the foundation - Ipswich Belly Clams (aka steamers, softshells, pissers), fresh Lobster Roll, a Raw Bar with half-shell oysters and clams and, of course, live Lobsters arriving regularly. Authenticity was crucial - only without the sea breeze, gulls and scent of saltwater. Lighthouses and other nautical decor highlight the ambience to create a coastal dining experience like none other in the greater Lehigh Valley. Our mission is to provide a great place for our employees to work, enabling them to prepare and serve delicious food in a warm, friendly and efficient manner. We want to assure you, our guest, of a memorable visit and encourage you to tell your friends and return often. Your satisfaction is guaranteed or we will make suitable amends.
Bangor
“Very Good Seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

I've been here twice, both times the food was great, the service was VERY friendly, and I thoroughly enjoyed my meal, both times I had the catch of the day ( once Salmon, once Bluefish) blackened, which is served with veggies and a spicy sauce on the side. I love blackened but they offer many other options to cook your choice of fish as well as a variety of pasta dishes, lobsters, clams, etc.

The sampler appetizer is excellent, don't miss it, and the seafood chowder was very very good. Desserts are HUGE, share one or you will never finish it.

The ambiance is pretty standard casual seafood restaurant ( think Red Lobster style) , but the food is so much better than the chain restaurants that there is no comparison. This is a real seafood house.

The only downside is that I think the restaurant is just a bit on the pricey side for the area and decor ,but the food quality is there and that's what your dollar is spent for here. I will be back again. NOTE that it's closed Sundays, I didn't realize that and showed up there starving for seafood one Sunday night and left very dissapointed.

• Visited June 2014

“Good food, good service, good time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

My husband nd I always sit at the bar, bartenders are great. Service is excellent and food delish. We hesitate telling people it's so good as it gets very crowded .

Mt. Bethel, PA
“Birthday celebration”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

Had another wonderful dinner at MarbleHead again. The server was attentive, the food wonderful and the atmosphere was delightful. Once inside, you get the feeling that you're somewhere near an ocean. The decor simply brings that to mind. We had the broiled crab cakes, shrimp stuffed w/crabmeat, tilapia topped with crabmeat and the 1 lb lobster as that is the Monday/Tuesday night special. It was enjoyed by all of us...we will definitely go back again and again whenever the occasion calls for us to find a very nice to place to dine.

1 Thank Connie S
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I'll never stop going to Marblehead Chowderhouse”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

I love having lunch or dinner at Marblehead. My very favorite meal is the Chesapeake filet with crabmeat and green and red peppers along with the chopped salad (I like the raspberry vinegarette dressing instead of the Green Goddess). Other favorites are the crabcakes(no filler in these), the shrimp stuffed with crabmeat, and any of their fresh catch items.. Marblehead knows how to treat their customers well and provides many opportunities to keep coming back with lots of promotions. I'll never stop going there.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank 13lighthousegal
Glen Gardner, New Jersey
“Marblehead Chowder House is a gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

Hidden away off the busy highways you'll find Marblehead Chowder House! I make it a point to share an appetizer of crab pierogies at each visit and I'm working my way around the menu, this last visit I enjoyed the lobster pot pie - outstanding! I have never been disappointed with anything I've ever ordered - it's a seafood lovers delight! Yum!!