“Raisin bread pudding with warm whiskey sauce!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Marblehead Chowder House

Marblehead Chowder House
Reserve with OpenTable
Marblehead Chowder House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 274 Restaurants in Easton
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Business meetings, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: To make reservations, please visit us on Open Table! Founded in 1996 the ideas for the Marblehead Chowder House were actually hatched a few years before. Sitting at "The Barnacle," overlooking Marblehead Harbor one raw winter day, while the spume from the rough saltwater painted the windows and the Sam Adams Lager flowed freely, a concept was born. Casual, coastal and cozy - fresh seafood, fin fish, shellfish and hearty chowders in a warm, relaxing atmosphere that says "seaside" - a place that had tradition, patriotism, and a New England heritage about it. Fresh ingredients, house-made soups and chowders, comfort food with a twist freshly prepared to order were all musts! Features unique to New England were the foundation - Ipswich Belly Clams (aka steamers, softshells, pissers), fresh Lobster Roll, a Raw Bar with half-shell oysters and clams and, of course, live Lobsters arriving regularly. Authenticity was crucial - only without the sea breeze, gulls and scent of saltwater. Lighthouses and other nautical decor highlight the ambience to create a coastal dining experience like none other in the greater Lehigh Valley. Our mission is to provide a great place for our employees to work, enabling them to prepare and serve delicious food in a warm, friendly and efficient manner. We want to assure you, our guest, of a memorable visit and encourage you to tell your friends and return often. Your satisfaction is guaranteed or we will make suitable amends.
Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
“Raisin bread pudding with warm whiskey sauce!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

I've been coming here for years and lately I think things have slipped a little bit. However, the food is still very good & the staff is sensational. Best part of my visit was dessert, the raisin bread pudding with warm whiskey sauce. OMG it was to die for! Shared a piece with my spouse (it was more than enough) & paired it with pumpkin coffee. It was the perfect way to welcome a cool September night.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Whitehall, Pennsylvania
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

We took our 8 yr. old grandson to dinner there this past Wednesday. The restaurant was full probably because of the lobster specials they had that night. I had the lobster bisque which was rich and creamy and had pieces of lobster in it. This was some of the best bisque I've had.
My entree was shrimp scampi with old bay rice substituted for the pasta. My husband had the lump crab cakes. These are truly lump crab with just enough filler to hold them together.
Our grandson had the chicken fingers. These were larger than most I've seen. I tried a piece and they were moist and tasty.
When we were there a few weeks ago, our friend ordered the prime rib. He said it was one of the best he ever had.
The quality of the food is excellent. The wait staff is very accommodating and will offer substitutions if requested. The gluten free menu is large.
If you are not happy with any of the food,speak up! Let your waiter know so they can take care of it.
You can't beat this place, especially for the quality and price!!
I suggest reservations...even on an weekday night.

• Visited September 2013
Palmerton, Pennsylvania, United States
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I have passed this place many times and finally got around to visiting. The restaurant is clean, well maintained, and was about 3/4 full when we arrived about 7pm on a Friday night.

I ordered the Lobster Bisque will the sherry. I thought the sherry would be cooked in but came in a small plastic cup on the side. After adding it made a lukewarm bisque even more lukewarm and clashed with the overpowering amount of seasoning in the soup. One should be able to taste lobster in lobster bisque, all I tasted was lots of salt and spices. Not very good.

Next came the Fried Calamari. "Hand-cut, then gently dusted with our zesty
seasonings served with Marinara dipping sauce." is what the menu says. I got a overcooked and bland dish. Also the oil either needs to be filtered or changed. It had a taste of old, burnt oil to it. Among the worst I ever had.

For my main dish I had the Seafood Jambalaya. Ok but the chicken seemed to be an afterthought. It tasted like it was thrown in way too late.

Not very pleased with my first visit here. There are many seafood restaurants in the area and I wasn't impressed. The only good thing I can say is that the service was very good! A very well trained, attentive, and friendly crew.

They must revisit their kitchen. I had similar dishes around the country and the world and this was nothing to write home about.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Carl S
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

The seafood is great. I have been going to the Marblehead and to another resturant the owners had owned for over 15 years and all the meals are great. If you get something that you do not like at this resturant tell the waiter or waitress they will fix the meal. I know some people would rather coment on here and not tell the resturant. How are they going to make it better if people do not tell them? It is our no one place to eat. We have our Anniversary and Birthday parties at the Marblehead all the time. Go try it.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Easton, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You have to try it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

This is absolutely our favorite restaurant. We have been going to Marblehead Chowder House for over 10 years and have never had a bad experience. The staff is very friendly and very accommodating. Anytime we have family visit or stay with us, they always ask us to take them to Marblehead. Even though it is a seafood restaurant, I highly recommend the Prime Rib (and don't forget to start with the Baked French Onion Soup, you can thank me later). You know that it's a great place when you see the same staff there year after year. Every other restaurant has a high turnaround, but Marblehead make sure to keep their employees happy, which reflects on how friendly and kind the employees are to the customers. If you're looking for great food, great service, great atmosphere for a great price, you have to try this restaurant.

1 Thank Mohamed H