“Nice place, great for seafood lovers!”

Marblehead Chowder House
Reserve with OpenTable
Marblehead Chowder House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 279 Restaurants in Easton
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: To make reservations, please visit us on Open Table! Founded in 1996 the ideas for the Marblehead Chowder House were actually hatched a few years before. Sitting at "The Barnacle," overlooking Marblehead Harbor one raw winter day, while the spume from the rough saltwater painted the windows and the Sam Adams Lager flowed freely, a concept was born. Casual, coastal and cozy - fresh seafood, fin fish, shellfish and hearty chowders in a warm, relaxing atmosphere that says "seaside" - a place that had tradition, patriotism, and a New England heritage about it. Fresh ingredients, house-made soups and chowders, comfort food with a twist freshly prepared to order were all musts! Features unique to New England were the foundation - Ipswich Belly Clams (aka steamers, softshells, pissers), fresh Lobster Roll, a Raw Bar with half-shell oysters and clams and, of course, live Lobsters arriving regularly. Authenticity was crucial - only without the sea breeze, gulls and scent of saltwater. Lighthouses and other nautical decor highlight the ambience to create a coastal dining experience like none other in the greater Lehigh Valley. Our mission is to provide a great place for our employees to work, enabling them to prepare and serve delicious food in a warm, friendly and efficient manner. We want to assure you, our guest, of a memorable visit and encourage you to tell your friends and return often. Your satisfaction is guaranteed or we will make suitable amends.
USA
“Nice place, great for seafood lovers!”
Reviewed October 7, 2011

First things first, make sure you join the email list and loyalty programs. Their coupons, specials, and mailings are OUTSTANDING!

Service is always good. Food is always fresh. I'm a big fan of seafood and I also live close to this restaurant. You wouldn't believe how many shipments of fresh fish arrive! This is a great local place without any major chains, branding, etc. The atmosphere is inviting, the bar area seems cool, and it's a great place to take bigger groups.

• Visited November 2010

Bangor, PA
“Champagne Dinner was great idea!”
Reviewed October 6, 2011

We went to the Chowder House for our 35th wedding anniversary with my parents, our children and our new grandson, Austin. The server was excellent. She was very attentive. At the end of our delicious dinner, we played the fishbowl game and we won a free Champagne Dinner for two! We returned the next week to use our coupon for the free dinner and were pleasantly surprised at the bill the server brought us. $0.00 !!! We both enjoyed our meals. The lobster bisque was its usual deliciousness. I had a New York strip steak with a Lobster Tail. The tail was very tasty - steak done to my likeness. My husband had the tenderloin tips with crabmeat. He said it was very tasty. We always have a great meal there. My husband always says he feels like he is on vacation when we go there. Keep up the great work, Marblehead.

• Visited October 2011
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
“Awsome”
Reviewed August 21, 2011

The food at this place is always great. They do a fantastic job keeping the prices low in an unstable economy. The service was great as well. I will be returning here frequently.

• Visited August 2011
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Always good”
Reviewed August 8, 2011

A very reliable seafood restaurant. The place is always crowded so don't think of going without a reservation. Closed Sunday, except Mother's Day.

• Visited July 2011
Pennsburg, Pennsylvania
“Looking forward to going again...and again!”
Reviewed August 3, 2011

My husband and I went to Marblehead for my birthday dinner. After reading other reviews I was nervous about what exactly to expect- would it be good or bad??
Parking is tight but that is only because the place is packed with patrons...which is a GOOD sign.
Dress casual in polo and shorts or dress up, either way you will feel at home at the Marblehead.
We were seated in a quiet area of the restaurant-- a small room with about six tables. It was perfect for the occasion. Our server, Amber, was the best- very personable and attentive. There was never a time when we had to wait for anything that we asked for- napkins or sauce on the side, and any questions were answered fully.

I had blackened Alaskan cod, my husband had the seafood jambalya and both were cooked accordingly. This restaurant takes time to cook seafood to its best and not just all together in one shot. Scallops were done, shrimp were not rubbery or overdone, you can tell time is taken to assure a satisfying experience to the palate. The cod was tender, flaky and moist, not at all overcooked and certainly not overseasoned. We were both very pleased with our meals. I do recommend trying the full belly clams on the appetizers menu, they are delicious! Get a pound, the half pound portion we split made us want more!

You won't feel rushed at Marblehead, there was a couple that was seated well before us and they were still lingering over dessert when we left an hour and half later. I would highly suggest reservations for dinner, as the place was packed when we got there and you could easily have a long wait for seating. Join the club they offer for discounts and also check a search engine for a printable coupon for your first visit.

We felt like we were at a restaurant at the beach on vacation. A very nice escape from our daily lives, even if only for a wonderful celebration dinner!

• Visited July 2011