“Not an Inn. A home away from home!!”
Review of The Lafayette Inn

The Lafayette Inn
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Easton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 31, 2010

My son and I celebrated my birthday at the Layfayette Inn on December 16th. It felt more like staying at my sister's house than an Inn. Your staff (Natalie) went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable. The warm aromas of muffins and cookies filled the Inn the entire day. The room was cozy, comfortable, and immaculate. Enjoying a glass of wine by the fireplace while my son "played" piano was a memory that will last a lifetime. My son has been asking me, "Daddy, can we please stay at the Layfayette Inn tonight?" Did I mention that my son is only 3? Breakfast was wonderful. I cant wait to try your recipe for your granola. Home away from home. Simply the best. Paul

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank PaulOnj
There are newer reviews for The Lafayette Inn

Reviewed December 18, 2010

I was at the Lafayette for a business meeting in November. The room, food, meeting facilities were all very good. The hosts and their staff were incredibly helpful throughout the stay and I hope to have the opportunity to return. This was the second time I stayed there and both trips were great. We ate at two restaurants in Easton that were recommended by the innkeepers. The food was terrific.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 26, 2010

From the moment we walked in to this B&B we knew we had chosen the perfect spot to stay during our visit to Easton. It is warm, welcoming and the smell of freshly baked goods was a wonderful suprise each time we returned to the inn.
We chose a less expensive room but it did not feel that way. The room was spacious, clean and well appointed. The breakfast waswonderful with a variety of choices and coffee sweets were available in the afternoon as well. I would highly recommend this inn to anyone heading to Lafayette College or Easton for a visit.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2010

My husband and I spent a long weekend at the Lafayette in October - our second visit this year. As always, the accomodations were welcoming & comforting and the breakfast was excellent. Innkeepers Paul and Laura ensure that guests are well taken care of by their attentive staff. Special thanks to the DiLiellos and Cass, their assistant manager for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2010

Was there for a "cousins family reunion" The hotel was great......clean, great decor...owners were there to help you at all times...... they helped with directions for things to do in town, places to eat and in making dinner reservations. Would definitely come back again......the only reason on the 'sleep quality" lower rating was the inn is next to a pretty busy street, not used to that much traffic while trying to fall asleep...- something that the hotel could not be responsible for.... Breakfast was super. Stay here if you want a great experience...

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2010

While I was at the low end of the Inn's price range, I was not expecting to receive a room down in the basement. Stepping inside the room brought an overwhelming musty odor that permeated everything. In addition the room was unacceptably noisy when there was activity in the main hall or parlor room above the room on the first floor (there was quite a bit more foot traffic late at night than I would have expected).

I immediately went back up to the reception desk to see if it would be possible to switch to a habitable room. I was informed that there were other rooms available so long as I was willing to pay an additonal 50% above my rate (the inn was nearly empty on the night of my visit). Negotiation to obtain a room that was livable at the existing rate was fruitless.

Instead of leaving immediately, I toughed it out for the night; the stay was miserable. Never Again!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank mikebees
LafayinnBB, Owner at The Lafayette Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2010

We are terribly sorry about the experience that this guest had at our inn. We had already written to him and given him a certificate for a complimentary return stay before this review was posted. We were unaware of any odor in the room before his arrival. When he told us about the problem at check-out we investigated. The source of the problem has been identified and is being resolved. All guests who had booked that room for subsequent nights were moved to other rooms.

The response of our front desk person was totally unacceptable. Our policy is to move guests to another room whenever possible if they are not satisfied for any reason. This policy has been re-communicated to all of our staff. Please ask to speak to the owner if you should ever find yourself in this situation where a staff person is not meeting your needs.

Reviewed August 16, 2010

The inn is a historic and beautiful setting. Elegant antiques, super clean, a real live breakfast made with love. The people here make it over-the-top special. They will spoil you. I travel to Easton often and will never stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business