“Wonderful, We loved our stay”
Review of The Lafayette Inn

The Lafayette Inn
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Easton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 14, 2011

The Inn is very charming and we couldn't feel anymore at home than what we did the Lafayette Inn. The staff was so accomdating and friendly. The special touches of the aroma of cookies and cake baking in the oven. They were so tasty and so was our breakfest. The towels were thick and soft. Our room was spacious and very comfortable. We stayed on the third floor. I love the way the modernized the kitchen, bathrooms and left the old world charm. I am looking forward to our next stay at the Inn!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Lafayette Inn

Reviewed November 14, 2011

I've stayed at the Lafayette Inn twice this year, and it's truly become my Easton, PA "home away from home"! From the gorgeous antique-styled rooms to the hearty fresh breakfasts, I couldn't have been more comfortable. I look forward to returning soon...and often!

Room Tip: Choose the room to suit your mood from the Lafayette Inn website!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Cyny
Reviewed November 9, 2011

Reception folks were nice enough and owners friendly.
Room was spacious and towels in the bathroom were way above average -- which is nice.
Bed was very low to the floor and not comfortable at all, which wasn't so nice. Definitely could improve on the quality of mattresses (at least in the room we stayed in. There was a comfortable chair in the room to sit and read in private which is also nice. Room was clean.
The house itself is quite lovely with a large parlor for relaxing with snacks and drinks and a nice deck with chairs to enjoy as well. There is a piano in parlor which is nice, unless you are trying to rest and someone is playing (actually banging) because you can hear the piano in the second floor rooms (can't speak for the 3rd floor or lower floor).
There were small issues in the room, but the owners immediately took care of those.
Breakfast was good, not great, but good.
All in all it was a rather average stay. This is an ok place to stay if you are in the area. We wouldn't go out of our way to stay here again, but would stay one night if in the area -- no more than one night due to the uncomfortable bed.

Room Tip: If you have allot of stuff to carry in you might want to choose a downstairs room as they have priva...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TLA48
LafayinnBB, Owner at The Lafayette Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We would appriciate it if you could let us know which room you stayed in so that we can address the matress issue. Also we would love to hear your ideas on what would take our breakfast from good to great.

When staying on the third floor - Please let us help you with your luggage! We need the excercise and we don't take tips :)

Reviewed November 3, 2011

I live in the Lehigh Valley and found myself displaced due to the power outages of our wonderful October snowstorm. After finding that every hotel from Kutztown to NJ was booked we stumbled upon the Lafayette Inn. I am now so grateful for the power outage. My husband, 7 year old son and I had such a wonderful stay. We arrived late and the owners welcomed us with opened arms, giving us ideas for dinner, filling us in on the next mornings breakfast, etc. The room we stayed in was clean, beautiful and very cozy. It felt like we were home. I still cannot get over how luxurious I found our room to be. Neither my son or I wanted to leave the next morning - although the homemade Belgian waffles did persuade him to leave the room for a short time. The Inn was filled with many families who were also displaced and each and every one of us were treated with such warmth. Without a doubt I will be staying here again but this time out of want and not need.
All in all, what could have been a very stressful and grueling night turned out to be one my family will remember and cherish for many years to come.
Our room was number 21 and I would highly recommend you request this room on your visit.
Thank you Paula and Laura for your hospitality.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2011

I am from the area, but now live in Charlotte. This is pretty much the only Inn in Easton Pa, other than one hotel. Pictures look great online. The food is ok, yet the place needs work; and not very clean. I stayed at the Inn twice while visiting with my ill father .
The first time I stayed was ok. I had a third floor room. My second visit was with my husband after my dad passed away. We were put in a basement room with the musty smell, and dog hair all over the carpets, dead bugs in the bathroom and behind the door. I then asked Laura is this one of the PET rooms and she said, yes. We did not bring a pet. Unfortunately, the owners were not accommodating and really didn't know what to do. We were told that no other rooms were available even though we booked in advance. We will never stay here again. My advice to anyone is ask what room number you are scheduled to stay in.
The Hotel Bethlehem is the place to stay. Everything is within walking distance. The Restaurants are wonderful there. So, now when we visit we stay at Hotel Bethlehem.

Room Tip: Always get a room number when booking
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank j s
LafayinnBB, Owner at The Lafayette Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2011

We are very sorry that you were not satisfied with the room assigned to you. We did offer to immediately address any housekeeping issues and to move you to a different room as soon as one became available. When you decided not to stay at all we respected your decision and did not charge any cancellation fees.

We always try to match our guests with the best possible room for their particular needs and budget. When only one room is available we indicate that that is the case.

Reviewed September 1, 2011

We stayed at this inn on a college visiting trip. The owners are exceedingly friendly, yet not in an overbearing, non-stop talking kind of way at some inns. They are ideal inn owners.

You can walk 3 blocks to the admissions office-- took us 5 minutes on a pleasant day.

The rooms are fine. We stayed in a queen room on the third floor. The window and skylight are both small, so it's not particularly bright but it's comfortable and clean.

Note that I don't think there's an elevator, so if you're not comfortable with a lot of stairs stay on a lower floor.

Breakfast was made to order omelets and waffles as well as a buffet of cereals and even a chocolate "breakfast" cake. Not gourmet especially by b and b standards, but all very good.

Cake was out in the afternoon. There is free Wi-Fi with sufficient band width to watch a video and a very nice porch to sit on in the evenings.

Noise wasn't an issue and I am a light sleeper, but there were few guests at the inn when we were there.

Room Tip: stay on a lower floor if stairs are an issue
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank visitall50
Reviewed August 10, 2011

The staff at Lafayette is very friendly, accommodating, and eager to please. When we arrived, our reserved room was under construction so they upgraded us to a larger room. The inn has several dog-friendly rooms with outdoor entrances, which are every bit as well-appointed as their other rooms. Our room had a very nice entry space with a bench and hooks and space for shoes, bags, coats, dog towels, etc. They provide bags, towels, treats, and bowls if you are traveling with your pet. We were in room 2, which I think can adjoin with the room next door, so there was just a bit of noise as the neighbors checked in, but overall noise was not an issue. The bed was comfortable and the room and bathroom were clean. The toiletries were also nice. There was a large whirlpool tub in the bathroom and a separate small shower stall. We had made to order omelettes, tea, coffee, juice and house made muffins for breakfast which was served well and quickly. The grounds are pretty and there is a larger yard behind the inn for walking your dog, but the area is safe and has sidewalks with plenty of grass for taking your dog on a longer walk and the college campus is not very far. We had a casual, quick dinner at Giacomo's Italian Grille/Deli just a couple blocks from the inn. The meatball and sausage sandwiches were delicious in that comfort food way after a long drive and the cannoli was pretty good too. The Giacomo's staff was helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Ensure you request a pet room if you are traveling with your best friend.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple