“Fun Brewery Tour with Decent Beer and Mediocre Staff” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 23 things to do in Easton
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Fun Brewery Tour with Decent Beer and Mediocre Staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

I am torn between giving Weyerbacher an 'average' review and 'very good' review.

I visited this brewery with my husband and another couple. The tour itself was very nice, knowledgeable, happy to answer questions and provided us with some specific details about Weyerbacher that I did not know. Top notch for the tour.

They have a bar set aside in part of the warehouse for tastings. It is a bit cramped but I believe they were in the process of expanding their facility when we were there. There was enough room for everyone when we were there but it is tight when you have people from more than 1 tour in the tasting area. There are a good number of beers to try. You won't be disappointed in the selection provided.

The big issues that I had was with the staff at the tasting. I was a bit confused about the bartender they had working there. First, they could have used more than 1 person. Second, usually the employees supplying the tasting beers are knowledgeable, passionate and excited to talk about the beer. The women working the day we were there was sullen and easily annoyed. I heard her snap at one person next to us and roll her eyes at another. In addition, we when we finishing up my husband and I ask for 1 more of one of the beers when we were trying to decide what to buy and she said fine but then told us we were going to have to move out of the way because the next tour was ending and they needed room. I thought this was rude but also ridiculous. There was a line at the retail stand right next to us to purchase beer so we were standing around deciding what we would buy and waiting for the line to die down. We weren't lingering unnecessarily and the tasting cups were literally the size of shot-glasses. When you are standing around waiting to purchase a large quantity of beer from a place you don't want to be made to feel stupid and unwanted. That was our only complaint although it soured our whole experience enough for me to rate this place 'average' instead of 'very good' or 'excellent.

Visited October 2012

Hamburg, Pennsylvania, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Wonderful brewery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

I gladly drive an hour each way for a visit and a growler fill. Excellent craft beer selection from double IPAs to barrel aged porters. Free samples, and a quick brewery tour can't be beat. If you are passing by, it is definitely worth your time. Note: they are currently planning to expand their tasting room hours to be 6 days a week.

1 Thank cwitkus
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Worth a visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

I visited this brewery on a Saturday afternoon. The place was packed. Luckily, I had already tasted many of their beers elsewhere, but there were a few I really wanted to try. They need a better bar/tasting area and a little organization. People were 2-3 deep waiting to get samples and the two lone bartenders couldn't keep up let alone provide any information. Needless to say, it took awhile to get the samples. The tour was great! The whole factory is actually quite small, but the tour guide was entertaining and very informative. I really enjoyed finding out how much they give back to the local community. The beer ordering system was interesting, but efficient. I really liked how you were able to buy things that were/are not readily available in the stores. You could also buy a growler of anything they had on tap (which was a very diverse selection). This beer is one of my favorites and despite the crowds, worth the wait!

Princeton, New Jersey
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Low key brewey, excellent product”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have been fans for several years. We started making annual trips (1.5 hour drive) up to the brewery a few years ago. The brewery and tasting room itself is not stellar visually (althought they are building a new bar within the facility). BUT it is a great local gathering place where you can taste almost anything they have without fee or limit. The beers are superb, the brewery pricing is great and the people are fantastic. If you want an uppity atmosphere, this isn't the place. If you want kind good people who love their beer, come on down.

Salisbury, Maryland
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Great beer - time for a full tasting room though”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were passing back through this area from our honeymoon and decided to stop in for the quick tour. It was hot as heck, and the place was jam packed for the tour. I enjoyed the opportunity to taste all the different beers, but it would be nice to have a regular tasting room set up. It is nice that they let you mix and match on the cases.

Visited July 2013