“Beer - need I say more!”

Weyerbacher Brewing Company
Ranked #3 of 26 things to do in Easton
Reviewed February 16, 2012

Friendly little spot to try some homebrew! Varieties change with the seasons. Slante!

Reviewed February 11, 2012

Enjoyed our visit, but when we visited in 2004 you said you would be in Vermont within a few years! So when are you coming? Good beers! Really like Blithering Idiot!

Reviewed July 23, 2011

I love Weyerbacher beers so while visiting Easton from Washington DC I seized the opportunity to go by. (I love their beer.) I want to point out that I didn't try any samples -- I had to drive back to DC after our stop. Nonetheless, I took the tour with my daughter and we enjoyed it a great deal. It is true that it is not the kind of tour that you might get at a mega-microbrewery like Sam Adams, but Weyerbach is small and, after all, the tour is free. The tour lasted 15-20 minutes and covered the basics of beermaking. Our guide told us that he wasn't part of the brewing staff and was only there on weekends but he made a valiant effort to answer our questions and did pretty well. While we were there, there were a lot of folks at the counter enjoying the free samples -- I was pretty envious, but I don't think I would have had a problem getting served had I wanted to. I did however buy a mixed case of the Weyerbacher brews to bring back with me. It was significantly less expensive than buying them here in DC.

My bottom line -- I wouldn't drive hundreds of miles to visit Weyerebacher -- and I don't think they expect folks to do that -- but if you are passing through Easton on a Saturday it's a delightful way to spend a few minutes (or a few hours).

1  Thank Eigmgmt
Reviewed August 3, 2009

I really love the Wyerbacher ales and the Wyerbacher experience. The brewery is very small, but they work wonders with little hardware, producing a wide range of fine, exciting beers. Their beers are of the "extreme" variety, made with intense flavors and mixes, packing a whallop in their alcohol content. The tour guide provided a nice well rounded education about the beer making process in general and about Wyerbacher's approach to making beer. Enthusiasm explodes like the hops in their Hops Infusion, Indian Pale Ale.

My favorite beers, though, are Blithering Idiot, Slamdunkel, and Merry Monks. My wife prefers the Blanche wheat beer, which is delicious off the tap but not to my own taste in the bottle.

To enjoy the experience fully, I would recommend that you start from the stronger beers to the lighter beers. Your palette will adapt better from stronger to weaker, and you will be able to encompass the spectrum of Wyerbacher suds. The tasting room is fun; the pourers are personable, and on one visit, I practically exploded in laughter talking and listening to the pourers and customers.

This is a great place to visit. Everyone is very friendly (and did I mention, they will pour and pour and pour for you). Be sure to leave with at least one mixed case, which you can mix yourself.

Great beer.

Reviewed March 20, 2009

I stopped by the brewery on a Saturday afternoon for a tour and beer sampling a few weeks ago. Overall, I thought it was a good experience.

I happen to find different variations of beer and how it is made interesting.

The tour was not glamorous, because it is just a small brewery. The guide was willing to answer questions after he briefly explained how things worked.

I enjoyed sampling the different beers. One of the employees gave us a sampling from darkest to light, which was nice. However, I just wish she would have known a little more about the brews. When I asked her questions about the speech she was giving me she became flustered.

But everyone was very nice and welcoming. There was merchandise for sale as well as beer. The beer for purchase only came in growlers or cases of bottles. I did purchase a growler and didn't get to open it until a week later, and it still tasted great.

Overall, it was a fun stop and would recommend it if you are going to be in the Easton area. (I had taken more photos of the brewery but I seem to have accidentally deleted them.)