“Thoroughly enjoyable”
Review of River Grille

River Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
River Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 278 Restaurants in Easton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: S Sitgreaves Street
Description: Widely known for its bustling energy and cosmopolitan surroundings, our American style bistro is nestled in the heart of downtown Easton. River Grille is a lively choice with numerous dining options.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Thoroughly enjoyable”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Excellent salads that take advantage of seasonal ingredients, good fish and save room for desert!

Visited October 2011

Phillipsburg, New Jersey
“Our Favorite Restaurant in Easton, PA”
Reviewed July 31, 2011

We love this place. We've eaten here about a dozen times and never been disappointed. The diver scallops are to die for. Wonderful savory and tender risottos. Always interesting, exciting combinations of food. The food is made with fresh ingredients and served piping hot. Service is attentive. The ambience has a bit of a NYC feel. When the place is packed it has an energetic buzz. An interesting twist is the open kitchen which allows diners to watch the hustle and bustle of the chefs. It also fills the dining room with the wonderful aroma of each delicious dish as it is placed for pick up on the counter. It's not cheap, but also not the most expensive restaurant in Easton. It's a block away from the State Theatre, so it's convenient for pre-show dinner within walking distance.

• Visited May 2011
Oswego, NY
“Outstanding meal and service”
Reviewed May 1, 2011

We ate at the River Grille on a very busy Saturday evening. Despite a full restaurant we experienced an excellent meal with very attentive service. The dishes were very creative and well executed! I would definitely eat here again!

• Visited April 2011
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Generally excellent service with above average food - a pleasant surprise in Downtown Easton.”
Reviewed February 14, 2010

My husband and I made a reservation here for Valentine's Day. We were pleased with the ambience and were seated near the open kitchen. It was a bit noisy, but we enjoyed watching the chefs at work. Anything from jeans and a nice shirt to shirt and tie with casual dresses for the ladies seemed to be appropriate. Then again, the crowd was probably dressier than usual due to the date.

The waitstaff was consistently excellent, and were both unobtrusive and attentive.

I started with the crab cakes. The mango and southwestern spices were a nice complement, and the crab had very little filler. I think they are my new go-to for crab cakes away from the shore.

My husband had the house-made mozzarella. He thought the cheese was a bit bland, but the tomato, basil - olive tapenade provided a nice contrast.

In our position near the kitchen, we could see that entrees spent little to no time under heat lamps, and they were delivered at the perfect temperature.

For my entree, I had the pan seared salmon. The salmon was nicely cooked, but the flavors of the seasonings didn't extend through the fish. The rice was wonderful and delicate, and the fennel was well-cooked and seasoned.

He had the pepper crusted filet mignon. It didn't actually have any pepper, which was odd. The steak was cooked correctly but underseasoned. The mashed potatoes were good, and the asparagus was delicious. He had a decent Shiraz with his meal.

We ordered coffee and dessert. This menu is not available online, and it was a treat just to decide. Several of the choices looked excellent. I finally decided on the Godiva chocolate mousse with raspberry, and he went for the peach-blackberry cobbler.

His cobbler was amazing. The peaches were fresh and wonderfully tender. The cobbler topping was crisp and tasty.

Unfortunately, I had a little problem with my mousse. It was light and airy, and the chocolate coating was thin and smooth. The first bite was delicious, but when I scooped the second bite, I found a hair inside the mousse. I set my plate aside. When the waitress discovered the problem, she was all apology. Being near the open kitchen, I was able to observe the quick reaction of the kitchen staff to the issue. Suffice to say, it appeared the problem was addressed with the pastry chef immediately. Meanwhile, the waitress not only removed my dessert from the bill, she also removed my specialty coffee, which was more than they needed to do in my opinion.

This restaurant would not be our favorite in the Lehigh Valley, but I can see us returning here.

Santa Paula, California
“A satisfying dinner for all.”
Reviewed September 19, 2009

Passing through town and decided at the last minute to try this place, and glad we did. There were three of us, two ordered the chicken scallopini and I got the Tilapia. The chicken folks rated their dish as excellent, the chicken breast with the lemon-wine sauce was prepared "just about perfectly" and the accompanying spinach and mashed potatoes complemented the chicken very well. My Tilapia was a little heavy on the butter or oil, but otherwise it tasted fresh and was done just right. It came with corn (very good) and boiled potatoes, again a little heavy on the oil/butter. My wife said her martini was fine; no one else ordered drinks and we did not order dessert.

The woody ambiance was warm and inviting, the service was friendly and prompt, and our entrees were all below $20. We all left very satisfied with our choice.