“Poor first impression...and it just got worse!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Constantino's Pizzeria & Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

No greeted us in any way for over five minutes. Once seated a pleasant waitress took our drink order. There was no milk for our daughter. The highlight of the meal was that the appetizer came out out and in a timely manner. My daughter's slice came, as did my husband's Stromboli. I was told my sausage and broccoli would be right out. I'm sitting here 25 minutes later and still no meal, even after one of the owners came and prided to check on it. All in all this was a poor experience and I won't be recommending this restaurant to anyone!

Reviewed January 10, 2014

We have been to Constantino's a handful of times since they opened last year, and they are now one of our top picks when in the mood for Italian. Very good food, friendly atmosphere/service, and reasonable pricing considering their portions are "extra large". On our first visit I had the Chicken Francese and my leftovers made for a couple lunches during the week.

If you are a cheese lover like I am, I recommend the Mozzarella Rustica (one of their specials), the stuffed shells, or a calzone. All simple, yet delicous. Their homemade tomato sauce is also worth mentioning...very fresh and flavorful.

The restaurant has been quite busy the last couple times we were there, so there could be a wait. But, they do accept reservations. Also, they are currently BYOB. So make a reservation, bring your favorite bottle of wine, and enjoy!

We wish Constantino's much success in 2014!

1  Thank WeekendPlayers
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I had been here several times before, but this was the worst. The service is always extremely slow, however on this visit we were not even acknowledged for ten minutes. we overlook the poor service because of the excellent food, but this time was just horrible. the food came out cold, and two of the five dishes ordered came out wrong. Maybe we'll give it another chance later on down the road.

1  Thank TMac137
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I have been to Constantinos 4 times now. The first time was lunch after church an I got the chicken cheese steak. It was fine but when you go to Constantinos its for the Italian food. My husband had some special with some kind of fish and creamy marsala. The sauce alone was so good I could've just eaten spoon after spoon of that. My 88 year old father had chicken parmesan and said it was the best he ever had. The next time I had linguine with red clam sauce. That is the dish I rely on and judge a restaurant by. The best I've ever had. There is a restaurant in Wildwood, NJ that is also wonderful but this was just soooooo good. Besides the clams in the sauce they give you several in the shell. Whole garlic cloves are in this delicious sauce. The next time I went I got the linguine again and it was spectacular as I remembered. We also ordered for appetizers the calamari (fabulous) and they make their own homemade mozzarella. One of the appetizers is the mozz which is very lightly breaded and covered in their sauce. I'm still thinking about it. You must get this. We were with friends who had eggplant rollatini and said it was the best they ever had. Another got seafood marsala and absolutely loved it. And to top it all off...they are a BYOB. The prices are great. Their pizza was good but not the best in the area. But who cares? We are going this Sunday again for my birthday. Hope you love it as much as we do.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

First time there and there will be more. One of the better Italian restaurants in the area. Friendly service, excellent sauces and really large portions.
Both my wife and I brought home enough food for at least one more meal.

We will be back