“Previous restaurant was better!”

Mesa Modern Mexican
Reserve with OpenTable
Mesa Modern Mexican is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 291 Restaurants in Easton
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ferry Street
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I don't understand the glowing review for this place! The menu selection is underwhelming and pricey! So what if they have a large drink selection because they weren't anything special. The previous establishment was in my opinion much more family friendly. Why pay premium pricing to eat in a restaurant located in an armpit like downtown Easton?

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Always a busy restaurant in Easton. Very nice atmosphere with a bar for those that wish to have a drink while they wait for their table. The service has always been friendly and very good. The salsa that comes with the complimentary chips is homemade and very tasty. The guacamole selections for appetizers are the best. Dinner selections are varied and there is something for everyone's taste. The deserts are good as well. Highly recommended.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

We went here for my friends 30th birthday and the place was adorable. My only complaint was that we were sat at a table by the front door and it was freezing every time someone opened the door. Other than that, the place was very good. We were all mostly happy with our dishes. We had guacamole as an appetizer with chips and a side of salsa. These were both delicious and they give plenty of chips that aren't over salted. One girl in our party had a hair in her dish which was pretty gross but the staff remade her dish rather quickly and took the amount right off the bill without us asking. I ordered enchilada's which were amazing and I highly suggest. The waitress recommended desserts which we all had. I had the apple crisp and other than the skin being left on the apples, I thought it was delicious. The skin is hard for me to eat personally, I am not into it. Anyway, another girl ordered the chocolate jalapeno cake that was suggested but she really didn't like it. The waitress again removed it from the bill without us even expecting her to. We just assumed that she didn't like it and that was the the end of it. But no, she removed it from the bill because she had suggested it. The churro's were out of this world and I would definitely recommend them. I would definitely return to the restaurant.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

We chose this restaurant based on Trip Advisor reviews and glad we followed popular opinions. We have dined at 3rd and Ferry Fish Market several times, which is literally attached to Mesa. The sign is so small and nondescript we didn't pay it any attention. What a shame.
The restaurant is small, so I would suggest making reservations. They are on Open Table. We sat at the bar to relax and enjoy ESPN. Josel was our bartender and made very good suggestions, provided very good service and was very pleasant. We enjoyed great cocktails. A Strawberry Jalapeño Margarita and my husband had a Dirty Martini that was perfect. The menu has something for everyone. Other reviewers complained about portion size. We found the potions perfect. My husband can eat a hearty meal and he was happy with the Hangar Steak Burrito and could not eat the fries because he was comfortably full. I had the Chicken Arepa with Chipotle Aioli and left some on my plate. So, I don't know what the complaints are about. You are given the traditional chips and fresh salsa that had very good flavor. We wanted to order the Chocolate flour less cake, but didn't have room.
We were there for 3 hours and were not pressured to leave. Josel let us relax and enjoy our afternoon out.
The food is fresh and tasty. Go and enjoy! We will be back to try the dinner menu.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

We visit our son at college and always go to the same place
We decided to try something different and we were very happy
I had the Black Bean enchilada and my husband had the salmon enchilada
the food was very tasty
We ate at the bar because they were very busy and i even tried the jalapeno chocolate cake because the guy next to me at the bar let me try his! It was just the right amount of spice. Chocolate with a kick!
The bartenders were great and the food came out quick
I would go back again to try something else

Been to Mesa Modern Mexican? Share your experiences!