“Surprise”

Mesa Modern Mexican
Reserve with OpenTable
Mesa Modern Mexican is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 276 Restaurants in Easton
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ferry Street
Far Hills, New Jersey
“Surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

This was an excellent surprise. It looked like a small restaurant across from the police station in Easton P.A..Small tables outside on the sidewalk & plenty of tables inside in two separate rooms. Long bar with nice atmosphere. The staff were very personable,pleasant & knowledgeable . They all worked together & helped each other without confusion . The owner came over to check that everything was going well. It was! The food was excellent from the obviously homemade fresh salsa to the flan I had for desert. For my main dish I had the carne asada tacos which is a type of steak taco. It was absolutely delicious . The drinks were also very good & inventive with a good selection. The drink I had wad a pear/cactus margarita . The first sip was a little strong but that could have just been me . After that it went well. I might be rating this restaurant a little tough because I felt the portions could be a little bigger because the portions in most Mexican restaurants are usually larger. But the flavor of the food in this place ROCK !
We will be back. Buy the way the owner informed us of a menu expansion.

Easton, Pennsylvania
“A Different Kind of Mexican”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

My wife and I walked in without a reservation to dine at Mesa Modern Mexican during the early evening on Tuesday, May 14th. The restaurant was considerably quiet at this time. The interior was nicely decorated in an upscale Mexican fashion, complete with soft lighting. The entire staff was polite, friendly and courteous. This included our server, Jason who was also cordial, attentive to our needs and very informative regarding our questions about the menu.
Our first taste of this establishment’s cuisine was the complimentary chips and salsa, which we both enjoyed. Because the appetizer portions are not very big, our server suggested that I pair up an item from the app section and one from the taco section, if I wasn’t interested in an entrée. As a result, I ordered the lobster quesadilla from the appetizer section and the pork taco dish, which worked out fine for me. I was a bit disappointed with the lobster quesadilla. Although it was very light and fresh, it was on the bland side. It needed something, I don’t know what, to bring out more taste. The pork tacos were served with a spice sauce. As other reviewers had reported, they were small, but I enjoyed them thoroughly. I then topped off the meal with a chocolate cake that was very unique in taste, containing hints of something spicy hot. (Perhaps Jalapeno?)
My wife ordered the black bean enchiladas entrée with chicken added to it. Her dish was also unique and she also enjoyed it thoroughly. The portion was just right, allowing her to finish the meal and still have room for desert. She ordered the Churros, which were accompanied by raspberry and chocolate dip. They were very good whether you dipped them or ate them plain. And the presentation of all dishes was beautifully done.
This place isn’t your typical Mexican restaurant and it isn’t cheap. But if you want to indulge yourself in some interesting Mexican food, while getting away from the real world and placing your self in an elegant Mexican atmosphere for a few hours, then Mesa Modern Mexican is the place to go.

Northwest, NJ
“Don't miss this extraordinary Mexican restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

We went to a great place for lunch today: Modern Mesa in Easton. They have been open for 4 months. They are also in the process of expanding their menu already. Go! Monday is Margarita Monday and $5 Margaritas all day…$20 for a pitcher….Arriba! Tuesday is Taco Tuesday $2 tacos and then it's Wine down Wednesday, all wine bottles half price! Happy hours are great too. The food is authentic…not American-Mexican…awesome! The service is EXCELLENT...the gentleman I went with dropped a bit of Salsa on his shirt. Seconds later, 2 staff members came over to help...one with a clean cloth napkin, the other with club soda. Then there's the wait staff...we had the pleasure of having Vivian as our waitress...one of the best waitresses I have EVER had. She was simply bubbly and friendly....and on top of her game. What else can I say....GO! Ondalay!!!!

Kintnersville, Pennsylvania
“Would return for apps and drinks”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Was pretty excited about trying this place for the first time. I ordered the Strawberry Jalapeno margarita which was good. They serve complimentary chips and salsa, which was probably the best salsa I've ever had. The different guacamole options was nice. We ordered the "regular" guacamole which I enjoyed as well. So it was a real disappointment when our entrees tasted less than acceptable. My hubby ordered some tacos that came out on 3 small chips stacked with what looked like cat food. Yuck. It also tasted like canned garbage. My ceviche was more of a cold soup with a few pieces of shrimp and scallops. This also tasted pretty bad. I ended up scooping the meat out and dropping it in my salsa. It was then that I could enjoy my food. With that said, I would certainly come back for the margaritas, chips/salsa and guacamole, but nothing more.

Visited April 2013
Easton, Pennsylvania
“Eclectic, Fresh Mexican Food and Awesome Margaritas!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

Our party of four recently enjoyed a fantastic meal at Mesa Modern Mexican. Food items enjoyed by our party included appetizers of grapfruit, avacado and beet salad, scallops tostada and lobster quesadilla. While the beet salad and scallops tostada were outstanding, one of our diners commented that the quesadilla was a little light on flavor...and lobster.

Entrees included seared shrimp & scallops, roasted market chicken, pan seared salmon and roasted pork tacos. Each diner was delighted with the flavor and quality of their entree. Unfortunately it took a second attempt by the kitchen to get the pork tacos right, as the first serving was cold. This issue was promptly and graciously addressed by the manager on duty. Margaritas were equally fine--the strawberry and jalapeno margarita was a perfect balance of sweet and heat.

Service overall was very good--perfect pacing and just the right amount of attention. Ambience overall is good--visually pleasing, but a bit noisy even with less than a full dining room.

There's plenty more to try on the creative and eclectic menu--I expect this will become a regular stop for us.