“Mesa on 3rd”

Mesa Modern Mexican
Reserve with OpenTable
Mesa Modern Mexican is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 285 Restaurants in Easton
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ferry Street
Reviewed March 24, 2013

My guest and I just had multiple appetizers at the Nueva Mexicana Restaurante. I’m not easily impressed, as you all know, but this was an experience I must share.

Upon entering, we were greeted by our hostess, Kathy…smiling and friendly. We sat at a pub table since all other tables were reserved. I know now why.

Our server, Ryan, was not only adept and knowledgeable, but very handsome as well!

We ordered various appetizers, all of which were unique, delicious, unpretentious and beautiful in their presentation. The mélange of ingredients…flavors, textures, colors…every dish was a work of art.

Mesa has the best Margarita’s North of the Border!

The ambience was also unique. Recessed lighting and shelves in the walls spotlighted Aztec masks and votives artistically placed on multiple walls afforded a calming and warm feeling.

If you feel the need for a getaway close to home, this is your destination. For my guest and me, it was a small vacation of pure pleasure.

There are newer reviews for Mesa Modern Mexican

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I went there within the first two weeks they opened:- The decor is beautiful, the staff was well trained, owners was genuine. The food came out on time the drinks was done excellent. I went there with kids and the seats was not appropriate for a preschooler and there was no high chair available (its ok I can live with this).

I was happy to see that they clearly named the restaurant Modern Mexican which it clearly was. My food was not so good ( I had different expectations of black bean enchiladas) I just don't think enchiladas should be made from flour tortillas modern or not. My family however raved about the tortilla soup, and their entrees which was pork tacos and of course the guacamole ( we did have the heart to tell the waiter that he did stir it properly as the initial bites were pretty salty and it was fixed by us)

I would like to see improvements such as the salsa ( should be like mex-tex salsa yummy) and a little more vegetarian options especially ones that they deem modern mexican! We will back hopefully I can update this review it to a four stars...

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Wonderful modern mexican and decent prices. Unique offerings in food, margaritas and specialty on site made guacamole blends.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Luckily I had my first visit during Easton's restauarant week and had the prix fixe menu at 30 dollars per person. They did a excellent transformation from the old Tex Mex Trio to a cozy eye appealing restaurant, bar, and even a closed off quieter section. The wait staff was extremely friendly and attentive. The 4 oz glass of house wine goes for $5.00 and margaitas vary upon the customers ingredients. I had the Chicken Tortilla soup and my LDC had the Grapefruit, avocado & Beet salad. The entrees were the grilled hanger steak and the pan seared salmon. All topped off by a Mexican Kahlua Flan. All courses had an excellent presentation and the ingredients were supurb. Total bill was $80.00.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

The margaritas were out of this world!! But the rest left me a little disappointed. The veggie quesadilla and empanadas were sort of bland. And the "tacos" could hardly be considered such. Two inch flour tortillas with an ounce of filling and no side is better described as an appetizer. I will, however, try this place again in the future. It's still pretty new so I can't accurately comment on the service. It wasn't great, but hopefully it will work itself out in time.

1  Thank Sarah K

Been to Mesa Modern Mexican? Share your experiences!