“Trying To Support New Business, But I Will Never Go There Again”

Rivals Sports Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #130 of 276 Restaurants in Easton
Cuisines: Bar, American, Pub
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Waitstaff
Easton, Pennsylvania
“Trying To Support New Business, But I Will Never Go There Again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Wife and I were looking to patronize a downtown business for dinner last week. Actually, we were looking for a good burger. I suggested Porters, but we saw Rivals right next door and since we had never been there, we decided to visit. Initially, we wanted to sit outside but there were at least two problems: First, there was some dude hanging out on a seat at one of the two-top tables smoking a cigarette, Second, the table we were going to sit at was both dirty, and the seat was about 3 feet lower than the table, so to eat your meal you'd feel like you were a 3 year old sitting at the grownup table at Thanksgiving. We moved inside. The only seats available were two at the bar. It was very loud, and I couldn't believe how big the central bar area was relative to the rest of the space - way off proportion. No wonder there wasn't a whole lot of seating available. So we sat at the bar, two bartenders in the middle of the bar area moving around like they were super busy but they really werent, asking people that were drinking if they were "good to go". We literally sat there for 3-4 minutes and did not once get approached by either Bartender to take our drink order, or if we were there to eat, or anything. First impressions are everything. The atmosphere was uncomfortable, their interior space was poorly planned, their menu was nothing but bar food, and apparently their service is horrible. We went back over to Porters, got immediately seated and immediately served and had an AWESOME dining experience there. I will never go back to Rivals and wont recommend it to anyone. Sorry guys, you messed up.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank teoma1970

Fall River, Massachusetts
“This place is a Sports Bar & Night Club First that happens to serve pub food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

We had a great morning at the Crayola Experience and headed to Rivals based on reviews that it was a great family spot to eat lunch. We got there a little after 1:00 - there was one other table having lunch. The place would be a great bar to watch games and have a beer - our daughter was glued to the numerous big screens placed throughout - if the food was better we would be recommending the place.

We asked about the tequila lime chicken wings we read about in other posts - they sounded good - the waitress never heard of them and suggested that the citrus wings were probabaly what I was referring to. We asked if the BBQ sauce had any tomatoes in its base as my wife has a food allergy to tomatoes; the waitress checked with the kitchen and assured us that it didn't. We them ordered the citrus boneless wings, fried cheese mac bites, a steak and cheese, and a griilled chicken sandwhich. When the chicken wings came we tasted them before my wife, who has the food allergy, had any and asked the server to check with the kitchen again to confirm that the base BBQ sauce did not inlude tomatoes as it tasted like it did. She checked with the kitchen again and assured us that it didn't. My wife then started eating the wings. About 5 minutes later the cook came out and confirmed that there were tomatoes in the base BBQ sauce. He apologized and offered to take the plate back. Others at the table had eaten 1/2 of my wife's wing order so we kept it. My wife then ordered some plain chicken fingers; our waitress apologized for the wing mix up and then shared with us that all BBQ sauces have ketchup in their base (now you tell us?). The other food was just ok - frozen pub food at best. We were billed for everything we ordered even the wings. Obviously this joint's main focus is the bar not the food - there was only one other table in the joint eating and one guy at the bar when we were there - they weren't busy, seemed nice enough, but noone appeared to understand about food allergies or care to read a label for us so we could enjoy our meal.

This place is primarily a bar and club - seemed fun enough to have lunch in but do not recommend it as food is not their priority and there appeared to be better food choices in the area.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank HOTSPOTSTOHIT
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Great atmosphere and value in Easton. I love Karaoke and Bingo Night. The food is great and the bartenders and staff are attentive and friendly. Can't beat it and I'm definitely a repeat customer.

• Visited June 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Best wings I ever had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

My family and I found this sports bar while visiting the Crayola Factory on 12/28/12, my husband found it advertised in the pamphlet they gave out at the Factory and asked an employee at the store and he told us we definitely needed to go there and that they had just opened around Thanksgiving, we loved the atmosphere, our waitress Kristen was fantastic, the entire staff was very nice, if you are in the Easton area definitely eat here, we will be back in the summer, just wish we lived closer or we would be back more often! The wings are DELICIOUS, next time going to try the peanut butter and jelly ones, we here they are AWESOME!!! They have many different flavors, we had the mild we have eaten many wings but these were the best we ever tasted, the cheesburgers are also very delicious, Go to Rivals you will LOVE It!!! Our family always likes to try new restaurants as we travel often and we were very pleased, Rivals is also very kid friendly too and my youngest son is very picky but he loved the food as well and finished his entire meal...the food is very reasonably priced too, can't wait to come back!!!

• Visited December 2012
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“finally, a sports bar in Easton!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

This place is fantastic! I've been here a few times. Great atmosphere, excellent food, and friendly staff! It's nice to have a true sports bar in Easton, finally! Perfect for a Sunday afternoon when all you want is a little football, wings & beer. They also have great nightlife. DJ's on the weekends, intimate music sessions, etc. I love it! The variety of wing sauces is the best. It's always fun to try a new flavor and the pricing is very reasonable too! (Especially once you've tasted the food- it's delicious!) If you're in or around Easton, definitely find your way to Rivals. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited November 2012