“Above-average French Brasserie”

Maxim's 22
Ranked #27 of 277 Restaurants in Easton
Cuisines: French, Bar, European, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
“Above-average French Brasserie”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Ambiance is very French with pressed tin ceiling, close tables for two, minus the cigarette smoke! Service is excellent. Food was above-average. Beet salad and Parisian burger were excellent, oysters were tasty and well-presented. Charcuterie plate was an A-, I've had much better house-made charcuterie at Garces Trading Company in Philly. Steak tartare was not so flavorful but a large portion; Bolete does it much, much better. French fries while authentic, were not crispy but limp.
I found some items to be pricier than expected (charcuterie plate and cheese plate) and others to be less expensive (steak tartare).
Overall, it's nice to finally have a French brasserie in the LV. I have high hopes that this place will smooth out any rough spots because Sette Luna is such a gem.

Scotch Plains, New Jersey
“TALK ABOUT ANYTHING!”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The bar and ambiance of this gem, a short walk from the Easton Square, makes you feel like you're in France! Appetizers are GREAT and it was packed at night for dinner so you couldn't understand what others were discussing at nearby tables. A real upbeat feel and the owner greets you and is charming. On weekends, reservations are a must~tables are held for 10 minutes only, according to the hostess, so be on time!

Easton, Pennsylvania
“Great food - pricey drinks”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We went to Maxims for Brunch this past Sunday (NOTE: it is not a buffet). Our orders consisted of 2 burgers, the fruit crepe, and the crab, asparagus gruyere omelet. All 4 were delicious with no complaints from anyone. THe omelet came with potatoes grilled in bacon fat that were scrumptious and fresh fruit on the side. The omelet was stuffed with crab meat. The crepe was fabulous, very light with fresh fruit, a grand marnier chantilly sauce and homemade whipped cream. I could eat them all day. I did not taste the burgers but they looked good and neither gentlemen had any complaints. My biggest complaint was the drinks. I ordered a Peach cocktail that they had on the drink menu. It wasnt very specific so I asked the waitress about it. She couldn't tell me much about it either. I ordered it ($9) and received this tart drink that had a hint of peach flavor and a strong lime taste. I had my husband take that back and asked for something fruity and sweet. They suggested a lemonade drink. That was a little less tart (more savory than anything since it came with a sprig of rosemary in it). I added some sugar and drank that but apparently they do not have a signature sweet drink. 4 drinks and 4 brunch items came to $96.00 with almost 40 of that being drinks). The water is served in a bottle that misleads you into thinking that it is at least spring or filtered water. Unfortunately it was just bad tap water. Service was very good.

Palm Beach, Florida
“French comes to downtown Easton”
Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

Nice to see Downtown Easton get a French bistro. Just went for lunch, the French lamb dip was excellent. And the bread is the best. Nice friendly service, can't wait to go check out dinner.

Redondo Beach, California
“Another gem in Easton!”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We went to Maxim's 22 just before its official opening on Saturday. The decor is truly evocative of a Parisian brasserie. We actually went on Thursday and just had a glass of wine at the bar. The selection of beers on tap and the wines by the glass is great. The staff was very friendly and the ambience was great. We returned the next day for lunch -- what a a treat! There are many very french-inspired items on the menu, such as escargots, foie gras topped burgers, and marrow bones. Even the pommes frites are prepared with goose fat! We're "pescegans" (vegans who eat fish!) so we opted for the dijon crusted salmon filet with lentil salad. It was so good (and very reasonable) I wanted to order another one! The restaurant also features an excellent raw bar -- oysters, moules, littlenecks, etc. We were only disappointed by the fact that we no longer live in Easton and can't return on a regular basis. This restaurant is owned by the same people who own Sette Luna, which was one of our favorites when we lived in town. Kudos to Josh Palmer and his staff for another excellent dining venue.

• Visited October 2012

Been to Maxim's 22? Share your experiences!