“Back for another try!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We were previous patrons of Bella Lunas for several years and watched first hand watch things slowly go down hill for this restaurant. We were excited to hear about the changes that were going to happen as we wanted to continue to support our locally owned restaurants. We got to try it out this past week and definite changes good and not so good were seen. The waitress explained to me why they downsized the menu and I do understand however was disappointed with my few options to pick from. I did finally decide on a dish which was very good. My husband had the Blanco Pizza which he very much enjoyed. He too was a little apprehensive with the choices he had to pick from but was pleased with his choice. The makeover of the dining room is fantastic. I really didn't have a problem with the old decor however the updo is very appealing and inviting. Lastly I do have to comment on a review that is listed a few weeks ago with the restaurant owners response. It stated in there that they had several issues with the cook, the server and mostly the experience at the bar. It states the server was no longer with you. I am curious if your son got a tongue lashing also? I personally have dealt with him and have never had an issue but if someone specifically points him out in a review that his name should be mentioned in your response as having his hand slapped also as to not show any favoritism. Good Luck with the restaurant in the future. I will you all well.

Bella L, Owner at Bella Luna, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Hi Traci
Thank you for your comment and patronizing our restaurant . Bella LUna is family owned and we are all trying very hard to bring the best quality of authentic Italian food , unfortunatly its hard to please everyone ,the server mentioned on the responce is no longer with us I never said anything about the chef he is still here he is one of the owner he loves to cook and brings out his passion in everything he makes so i know the food is good everyone can have a bad nite , we are trying to improve the service , I hope you visit us again
Rosaria
Owner

There are newer reviews for Bella Luna

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I have been a past diner at Bella Luna and have always thought that the food was great. Yes they have cut down the menu. But I say do a few things and do them right. I was also very pleased to see how bright and updated it was. I would recommend this resteraunt highly. It is family owned and you can feel the love when you are there They have great chefs that have an obvious passion and love of food. Go visit them!!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

The food was fabulous..... Sweet people and warm environment. The changes they made are great.... The place looked very nice inside.... We dined on the deck.... We love it outside.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Family and i where there Saturday and the owner was not there to see how things where running ,very slow it took for ever to get a drink, not to mention getting our food the lasanga was awful it taste like bad meat ,the cook told us that it is the way Chief Ramsey cooks it i don't think so,after complaining about the bartender he came in once with the drinks the bar was not crowed he was flirting with 3 girls that was there and when i was outside my son came out and said he was going to have another beer but he did not see the bartender ,i told him he is outside smoking, we always enjoyed going there but the service hasn't gotten better and the foods that you enjoyed are now gone.What a shame

]

Bella L, Owner at Bella Luna, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

I learned about what happened late that nite unfortunately i was not there i was sick . The bartender is my son and told me what took place i was upset and Embarrassed i truly apologies. the server Is at fault and no longer is with us this is not her first mistake . I appreciate your advice on having better servers we are working on it and want our guest to have the best service and not to mention the food . The only question i have is your comment on menu. We had nothing to do with it
Chef Ramsey changed the menu the old menu was too big ,you dint try anything on the new menu everything is delicious ,so i hope you give us another. Chance and try out some of chef. Ramsey creations . Again i apologies for any inconvenience we my of caused you i will like to make it up too you hope you will visit us again ...
Regards
Rosaria owner

Reviewed August 4, 2013

After we heard Chef Ramsey had visited Bella Luna, we figured we'd give it another shot. We had been there previously and thought it was pretty good but needed updating. Upon entering, you instantly saw a difference in the lay out. It looked nice but sparse. We were seated promptly but given only drink menus. It took the host about 5 minutes to come back and provide each of us with a dinner menu. Wow did the menu change! It was only a page long, very cheap feeling and about a fourth of the size it use to be. It took about 10 minutes for someone to bring us water and bread. First off, the bread looked like croutons and there wasn't even enough water for the 6 of us to fill half our glasses. It took another 10 minutes to finally be greeted by our waitress. At this point, we were disappointed to say the least. And then to make matters worse, she didn't even offer to take our appetizer order let alone dinner order. So we just waited 20 minutes to order our drinks! We finally had enough when we waited 30 minutes and our drinks from the bar were still MIA. I approached the bartender (our waitress was no where to be found) and let him know we wouldn't be waiting for her to take our dinner order. He quickly offered to give us our bar drinks on the house, which was great but too little too late. He hadn't even made them yet! The waitress finally appeared, and offered to take our order but we were already half way out the door. She apologized and said something about having too many tables.

**Bella Luna - if you want to stay in business hire some older, more experienced wait staff, expand your menu to at least two pages, encourage your hosts and bar staff to assist with providing water and taking drink orders if servers are busy and most importantly if you are going to have such a limited menu, make sure you have everything on it!!! There was no lasagna or rib eye!

2  Thank 1106anonymous