“Car broken into in parking lot”
Review of Hampton Inn Easton

Hampton Inn Easton
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Easton
Massachusetts
“Car broken into in parking lot”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

The hotel was fine and the staff was very helpful. My car was broken into in the parking lot, along with another guest. Be careful to leave nothing in your car that might be visible and tempting to thieves who frequent this area. Police say it's been happening often in the area. Staff took the time to help cut a piece of cardboard for the window and secure it for our travel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Easton, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
We are glad to read our staff was helpful during your very frustrating car damage. I thank you very much for your review and sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity and stay with us next time you’re in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Pittsburgh, United States
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful - she provided us with fresh cookies and water bottles and made us feel very welcome. Room and bathroom were spotless and very comfortable. Will definitely return if we're ever in the area again!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Easton, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
We are glad you enjoyed your water and cookies here at the Hampton Inn Easton. Thank you for such a nice review and for your business. We hope you get to travel our way again soon!
NY, NY
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Hampton Inn has been our hotel of choice for several years, and we've come to expect a high level of service - which is almost always the case. This time there were a few blemishes.

First off, the hotel is quite nice, well appointed and clean. Larger than many others, this facility is 5 floors, and has 2 elevators. Check in seemed to be quick and efficient, more on that later. We had requested a high floor at time of booking, and were pleased to note our room was on the 5th floor. The room was typical Hampton, spotless and comfortable. So far, so good.

In the morning, we went to get breakfast. Unlike every other Hampton we've been to, there was no half&half for the coffee - only Coffee Mate fake cream. Made a waffle (IMO the highlight of the Hampton breakfast experience) and the taste was off, quite unpleasant. The girl at the next table said she thought the batter had gone bad and was sour. I agreed and tossed the waffle into the trash. Looked for breakfast staff, no one around, and we didn't have time to waste on it anyway. So black coffee and a hard boiled egg. Yum:(

After arriving home a few days later, I noticed that a second room - our friends room - was on our AMEX bill. We had reserved the rooms together but instructed the desk clerk to bill each room individually. We handed separate credit cards to the front desk upon check in. But both rooms were charged to me. So I called the hotel to fix the billing error, and the girl took all my info and assured me it would be taken care of.

Nope.

Then I noticed that no HHonors points had been credited to my account. I called HHonors and they said the my confirmation number came up as 'cancelled' and that they had no way of crediting the points unless I could send a copy of my bill. I explained that the charges were already on my AMEX statement, so we obviously had not cancelled. Apparently the HHonors office cannot access this information in their own computers! So I had to locate the bill, have it scanned, and then email it to HHonors. The rep gave me complete instructions as to what to write in the subject line, what information I needed to include in the body of the email, and said that once they got it, all would be corrected.

Nope.

To summarize, a good start at this hotel marred by a bad breakfast, no staffing of the breakfast room, a billing error, and a Loyalty Rewards Program error.

And so far, 4 phone calls, 3 emails, and, at this point, a couple hours of my time wasted. My last email has not been replied to. The bill is still wrong. I still have not been credited with my HHonors points.

What a shame.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you feedback and we are so sorry for all of the inconveniences you experienced with us. We will be reaching out to you directly to resolve this situation.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We were turned away after 15 hours of travel and sent us to a total dump of a hotel. When asked why we were not notifed earlier in the that there were no more rooms, the answer was "We were hoping someone would cancel" We were promised a suite for the next three days and it was confirmed. When we checked in for the suite that was not available even thought it was confirmed about an hour before we got there. Manager was a jerk about it all.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We’re very sorry that we were unable to accommodate you recently at our hotel. We try to accommodate 100% of our guests, but overbooking situations unfortunately can happen. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenient circumstances.
Swansea, Illinois
Reviewed March 26, 2014

The more I stay at Hamptons the more I like them and this is no exceptions. Nice room, large common area, clean, and everything in working order, including the iron.

Entrance off the main road is a bit tricky as you have to go past the hotel to get into the drive.

Plenty of places to eat, shop etc. nearby.

Room Tip: Generally a quiet area. Higher is always better for me.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Easton, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I’m happy to read from your review that you enjoyed your stay here at the Hampton Inn Easton. We hope to be seeing you again soon.
Staten Island, NY
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Nowadays, it's tough to find a hotel that is really clean. There's always something that is missed. Well, not here! The room was spotless and beautiful. Very comfortable and appealing to the eye. The staff were friendly too! I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I only wish I had thought to take photos (I had a camera with me but didn't thing to take pics). The hallways were gorgeous, the lobby was clean, the (FREE) breakfast bar had everything you could possibly want, eggs, sausage, potatoes, oatmeal, cereal, fruit, juice, coffee, tea, toast, waffles, and more. They even had free cookies at the front desk as you checked in. Overall I think it is one of the best local hotels I have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: I would guess (not sure) that the higher floor rooms would be better as there were parties going on...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank shortysmom411
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Easton, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
We are happy to know how much you appreciated you CLEAN room here at the Hampton Inn Easton. We would also like to thank you for taking the time to compliment our staff and we will be sure to let them know. Thank you for such a nice review and for your business.
Oakhurst, United States
Reviewed March 22, 2014

The hotel was attractive, clean, child-friendly, and conveniently located for the Crayola Experience that was our reason for traveling. The staff was helpful and friendly. The pool was a delight for the children. Breakfast was serviceable and added to the value, since we were traveling with four children.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are glad to have been able to offer you and your family a good value and are happy to read you enjoyed you stay. Your review is greatly appreciated and so is your business. Thank You!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Easton
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Easton
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 7 in Easton
Hampton Inn and Suites Bethlehem

Been to Hampton Inn Easton? Share your experiences!