“The Best Hampton Inn I've been to. One issue though!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hampton Inn Easton

Hampton Inn Easton
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Easton
New Jersey
“The Best Hampton Inn I've been to. One issue though!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stayed on a Friday evening and the hotel iwas very easy to find off the highway. The outside was very well maintained as well as the grounds. The location of the hotel seemed to be safe. The lobby was gorgeous! Beatiful sitting room with a fireplace as well.

This was the first Hampton Inn I've ever stayed in with a bar/ cocktail lounge. It too was beautiful! We used the rest rooms in the lobby upon arrival and I was also very impressed. It had marble tile, was super clean and the sinks were really cool Dichroic Glass. There were warm cookies upon our arrival and the front desk staff was very friendly.

Our room was very nice. Clean!. Furniture was is good shape. We needed a ride to a destination nearby and their shuttle service took us there and back for free. The driver was very friendly and nice. We stayed one night and had a nice hot breakfast in the morning. Breakfast was very nice and very well stocked. The dining area was very clean and organized .

The only DOWNFALL was and pretty big issue with the elevator Sat morning! It was NOT working at all! We were on the 5th floor. I have a bad knee and can not walk up and down flights of stairs. I tried to call front desk serveral times and got no answer Sat morning. There was only one person working at the front desk when I limped down 50 stairs or so and he was semi frantic talking on the phone.

When I told him I was trying to call the front desk for a while and that the elevator wasnt working he told me that he was on the phone trying to get the elevator fixed. I guess there were no other staff there to answer guests calling the front desk! I told him that I had an injured knee and he didnt seem to care. There was no manager there. I tried callin gthe manager numer on the room phone but there was no answer. Definitely a very poorly managed situation. They should have more than one person at the desk and should have told guests or put signs on the elevators that they were out of order. I then had to limp up 5 flights of stairs back to my room.

4 hours later when we had to leave, the elevators were still out of Order. I called the front desk around 12 noon and asked when the elevator would be fixed and if we could wait to check out untill then because we had a lot luggage and I had an injury. The front desk clerk said it would be fixed by around 1pmbut we could NOT wait!!!!!!!!!!

They told me they would send help up to our room within 15 minutes so we could check out. We waited 40 minutes and no one came up. I had to call again and then they sent one woman up to carry all our luggage. Again, really mis- managed situation. Finally 2 men came up and helped us down with our luggage. Needless to say, it was almost 1pm when we checked out anyway!
Poorly managed staffing!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Easton, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I am very sorry we fell below your expectations this particular day. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will share these with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed. We would love for you to give us an opportunity to make up for your poor experience.

Thank you for your feedback and for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
South Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed one night midweek in a suite with a fireplace and jacuzzi tub. The room was great! Spacious, lots of counter space with a mini refrigerator, microwave and wetbar. The service is pretty good as typical for a Hampton inn, free hot breakfast and coffee in the morning, and my guy had a gold member discount which is an added bonus. The only complaints I have were that the fitted sheet elastic was worn it kept popping off the bed in the middle of the night. And I think the tub cleaner wasn't rinsed off well since my guy leaned against the tub back and immediately started getting a skin irritation. I'm sure those instances were not typical though but were sticking points of my stay. Overall a great hotel and would recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank mpenny
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Easton, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
It is so nice to hear how much your liked the Jacuzzi and fireplace suite. We here at the Hampton Inn Easton would like to thank you for such a nice review and hope to see you again soon.
Deerfield, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

Good example of the brand. Traditional-style decor, not cutting-edge, but very clean and well maintained. The young lady who checked in our group at the front desk was very friendly and helfpul, and accommodated a number of miscellaneous requests.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Easton, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
 Our team members are working harder than ever to deliver the exceptional service people have come to expect here at the Hampton Inn Easton and appreciate your thoughtful comments! Thank you for posting such a pleasant review.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

This hotel was nice and simple. It is located near Lafayette College which is where my business was occurring. The staff was very nice and the lobbying was very welcoming. There aren't any resort like thrills but it's a nice place to lay your head for the night.

Room Tip: Ground floor was nice.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Easton, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
 Thank you for taking the time to compliment our staff and hotel the Hampton Inn Easton. We look forward to being able to host you again on your next visit our way.
Honey Brook
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

It was great ,everything was clean and that is important to me. Very modern and freindly. Would recommend to anyone. The gym was small but equipment was all new and well keep. The breakfest was right on the money.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Easton, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
It is nice to hear our breakfast was "right on the money", Your review is greatly appreciated here at the Hampton Inn Easton and we hope to see you again soon.
Stowe, Vermont
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed one night when we were taking our daughter back to an area college. The room was comfortable and clean, the breakfast was good. We also enjoyed drinks at the lounge. We will come back to this inn in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn Easton, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
 We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the room and the lounge during your stay with us here at the Hampton Inn Easton. Hopefully, we'll have the opportunity to host you again soon.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Nice staff, comfy beds, close to target, Walmart, lots of restaurants and a shuttle. The night time front desk guy wasn't super helpful but the woman Jackie was great. I didn't have their breakfast so I can't comment in that.

• Stayed January 2013
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn Easton, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
 Your complimentary review of our hotel is much appreciated! Hopefully, we'll have the opportunity to host you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Easton
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Easton
Grand Eastonian Hotel & Suites
Lafayette Inn
Lafayette Inn
#2 of 7 in Easton
Courtyard Bethlehem Lehigh Valley/I-78
TownePlace Suites Bethlehem Easton
Hampton Inn and Suites Bethlehem

Been to Hampton Inn Easton? Share your experiences!