“Was Not Thrilled With This Place.”
Review of Hampton Inn Easton

Hampton Inn Easton
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Easton
Reviewed June 16, 2011

I booked a reservation here planning to stay for 3 weeks while doing work in nearby Phillipsburg, NJ. The location is very nice, close to many shopping plazas and convenient access to Route 33.

Maybe things have changed, but I was not very satisfied with the staff. It was a rainy week and 3 days in a row I came back to the hotel after work, pouring down rain, only to find out that my key would not open the door. I walked around the building, entered the lobby doors and approached the front desk soaking wet.

Each time I was told the key was only SET for 24 hours and they would RE-SET the key. Apparently none of the staff were competent enough to set the key for the entire 3 weeks I was there. I was never offered an apology. The front desk staff could see I was soaking wet, and I even made it a point to say I had to walk all the way around the building. The response: they handed the key back and said there it should work now.

No apology. Well the next day I simply checked out early and explained to the clerk why I was leaving. The response... Oh-srry-bout-that. I purposely slurred the words because that is how she said apologized. Slurred words and a mumble. I went directly to the Hampton Inn in Clifton, NJ. Not only did they give me an very early check in when I explained what had happened, they even cut my rate a little more than half because of the length of my stay. Both places were about $129 a night. Clifton gave me a $60 rate when I told them I would be staying for about 3 weeks.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank RB0922
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn Easton, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2011

Hello,
Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback! It is only through our loyal guest’s response, such as yourself, that we can improve upon our product and service.
I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you encountered while staying at our property, directly regarding your de-magnetized key. I can assure you that I will be reviewing these policies and procedures with the staff to ensure they do not occur to another guest in the future. Also, the staff is typically genuine and quick to respond to any guest needs or concerns, so I am eager to make sure this is addressed as well.
We are proud of our accomplishments here at the Hampton Inn Easton, but also strive to learn from our mistakes. I thank you for giving us the opportunity to learn from your situation. If you should be traveling through the Easton, PA area again, we would welcome the opportunity to make things right and show you how we really thrive in the hospitality industry!

Reviewed June 13, 2011

We ALWAYS stay here when in Easton or Bethlehem area. Newer and clean, pretty well located, large spacious rooms - plus all the wonderful free Hampton benefits. If you get upgraded to the whirlpool suites, head over to Wegmans or Target and grab some bath salts or suds and some champagne at the state store - whirlpools are in-room and can watch TV while relaxing with significant others.

Room Tip: Join HiltonHonors... same rub as all hotel chains!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 24, 2011

We stayed here as part of a tour of colleges for our teenager. Everything was perfect. The hotel was clean and very comfortable. The breakfast was great and included a hot item (omelettes I think). The wi-fi worked flawlessly. The hotel is conveniently located next to several restaurants and a Wegman's.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank MisterMVA
Reviewed March 30, 2011

this is my 3rd or fourth time in the valley and i couldnt be any happier. I would recommend this property to anyone who wants friendly staff,good breakfast,and great night sleep. Location wasnt the best but my company was in charge of the booking.Great hotel would suggest to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 27, 2011

We traveled to Easton PA for an event with my son and we stayed at the Hampton Inn in Easton. The hotel was clean, friendly, and the rooms were very comfortable. I had a drink in the lounge with a staff of friendly bartenders. The hotel staff was accommodating and all came with a complimentary breakfast. Location was perfect, near highways and plenty of amenities. Enjoyed the the make your own waffle in the breakfast area and free Wifi.

Great deal, incredible value. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn Easton, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2011

 We are delighted to know you had a wonderful time here and hope to see you again when travel plans permit here at the Hampton Inn Easton.

Reviewed January 17, 2011

I have just completed my stay at the HI Easton, PA and as a frequent traveler I will tell that the accommodations were good (like many places), the location was good (like many places) but what really made the difference were the people and their can do attitudes. Being from the South, I was a little skiddish about how the people may treat me - my concerns were wiped away very quickly. The front desk person, Mallory, was very helpful but the highlight to me was on the morning of my departure. I woke up too late for breakfast and went down to the breakfast expecting to get an odd look for wanting something past the time. The service person, Jane, actedly like it was her pleasure to get out the items she had just put away so that I could have something. This doesn't happen everywhere, but it happens here. It was so refreshing that the cynical side of me thought surely there some contest related to how nice the staff could be. And actually there is. They win my business and my loyalty for simply being hospitable and doing the little extra things that make a difference.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn Easton, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2011

 Our associates pride themselves on providing excellent guest service and will be pleased to hear they exceeded your expectations here at the Hampton Inn Easton.! Your review will certainly be shared with them. Thank you!

Reviewed November 14, 2010

The person who complains about this hotel must not know good quality and service. My children loved the fresh baked cookies and swimming pool. The hotel was three minutes from a party I attended. 5 stars Hampton and keep up the good work!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn Easton, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2010

Here at the Hampton Inn Easton, PA we pride ourselves in being service professionals! Thank you for the kind words regarding the quality of our service.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Easton
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Easton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bethlehem
Hyatt Place Bethlehem
Hyatt Place Bethlehem
#4 of 15 in Bethlehem

Been to Hampton Inn Easton? Share your experiences!